1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading MySQL

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by mike0c, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I received a scanalert/hackersafe warning that we need to upgrade MySQL to the latest version. Is this straightforward to do? I notice that there seem to be two MySQL databases: Plesk\Databases\MySQL and \Plesk\MySQL. Do they both need updating? I've also noted in other threads a mention of a MySQL 5 update script, to 'fix permissions' Is this straightforward as well?

2. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

You can upgrade MySql that is used for clients databases(located in Databases\MySQL) as described in this article:

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1077

MySql instance located in Plesk\MySQL is used for Plesk database itself and it is not suggested to upgrade it to 5 version.

Anyway, it is not available for external connections.

3. mike0c

mike0c Guest

Thanks for the response, is it possible to block the client MySQL for external connections, as none of the Clients are using it?

4. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

You can just block connections to 3306 port with firewall.