• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading to SB 3.2

E

EnigmaBCN

Hi,

I just had installed latest version of SB. I'm using Plesk for Windows 8.1.1. Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to upgrade SB from version 2.0.5? On this version I do have already sites created.

First of all I had found the utility SBMigrationutil.exe that must be run from DOS prompt, but I get many errors. After that I found a way running sitebuilder.exe --migrate2to3, using this I didn't got any error, but when entering SB manager, all the sites are with errors and are not editable with the wizard. Any idea?

Thanks!

How??

Hi,

All the documentaion I had found, even this one you recommend, are talking only about the conditions prior to upgrade, then they talk about the migration utility, they don't say nothing on how to run it, from where to run it and so!

That's why I said before that I run in the command line I saw on documentation, the last one - "sitebuilder.exe --migrate2to3", the file is dated year 2005 so it's strange for me that that is the correct file to run.

I'm just asking for the correct procedure to migrate, step by step, I don't think that that could be difficult.

Thanks!

Following steps should be performed for upgrade and migration from 2.0.5 version to latest one:

1. Create backup for 2.0.5 version (sites and database)
2. Download new build and install it on the server.
3. Upload license key and make sure that new installation working correctly.
4. Start migration with help of SITEBUILDER_INSTALLATION_PATH\Utils\SBMigrationTool.exe

This tool uses SBMigrationTool.exe.config configuration file (which is located in the same directory and which is p[repared by installer) so no manual modifications/copy required.

Back