• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[URGENT!] [BUG] LOGO -> after the last update Hotfix-20090605

M

maxioana

Hi,

After I upgraded the sitebuilder to the last Hotfix-20090605 (Automatically generated patch) the logo area after a small image is uploaded is resized to 320x320px.

The same issue is present also in the demo from Parallels. See the Demo at http://sitebuilder4.demo.parallels.com/Wizard/
Upload a small logo image and you will see in preview and also at website published the distort logo area resized to 320x320px.

WE NEED URGENT A PATCH FROM PARALLELS TO FIX THIS ISSUE AS SOON AS POSIBLE.

Thank you

Thank you Dmitry for the fast response and the solution indicated above.

Hi Dmitry

I had setup the config file in sitebuilder with logo_resize_type = simple but if I upload a big image (1200x800) this is resized by default to 320x320px and the image is not fitting the template (the image is still big for the template). What settings I need to change for resizeing the logo image to a smaller size than 320x320px?

Thank you

I can also confirm this as a bug - Your documentation suggests that this is the default option:

"Upload and scale down (default) - Wizard scales down the image to fit in the template, preserving the image aspect ratio."

Regardless of whether you specify this option within the config:

logo_resize_type = keep_aspect_ratio

or leave it out completely (as default), the same behaviour can be observed. It's not "Scaling Down" as you suggest, but in fact scaling up to 320x320px

Fix doesn't work

Hi guys, we tried the suggested fix and it didn't work - we got an Internal SiteBuilder Error!

The issue of the logo is very important to the functioning and customisation of the SiteBuilder websites. What is even more frustrating is that this only occurred when the latest Hotfix update was applied.

Can you please suggest how this can be fixed or update the Hotfix so that we all get the fix. Also is it possible to get an indication of how long this will take to be sorted out.

Thanks

was it the latest hotfix that broke the logo?
if so would unistalling the hotfit, fix our logo?

Yes it was the most recent Hotfix, however I am reluctant to roll back to the previous version as my programmer suggested it may not be a good ideas as it will undo other problems the hotfix fixed!

Developers have provided a hotfix that fixes the problem: the logo area after a small image is not resized.
The hotfix is available in this KB article: http://kb.odin.com/en/6613. Please try it.

After the hotfix was installed it is recommended to upload the logo image anew.

Hi,

Will this go into a future Hotfix such as 8 so we dont manually have to take these steps?

I have added Hotfix 7 due to this bug but would like to hold off even longer.

Thanks

Developers understand all importance of the problem with logo area resizing.
It will be fixed in future update of Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder that will be released after 4.5.7.

not fixed

The "fix" make the logo 320x320.
Instead it scales it down to ~82x52.

The logo that I'm trying to upload was 200 x 100.
I've used larger 250 x 130 with the same template in the past.

What can we do?

Back