• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

URGENT HELP Needed - SB 4.0 -> SB 4.5

teckna

Basic Pleskian
We have an urgent situation with a failing server with SB 4.0 that we need to recover onto a new server with SB 4.5. What would be our backup/restore route to achieve this please?

Detail
-----

Old (failing) Server:
Slowly (or quickly - who knows !) dying server with Fedora 4 and Sitebuilder 4.0 - about 70 live and active sitebuilder accounts that need to be rescued and transferred onto another server.

New Server:
This has Ubuntu 8.0 and Sitebuilder 4.5.

What is our backup/upgrade/recovery path here please? We have a tarred copy of /usr/local/sitebuilder/*.* and a mysql dump off the old server - how do we make it all work on our new server?

many thanks

Jo Sundman - Teckna Ltd

I'm not sure, but I think you will need to install SB 4.0 on the new server, restore the database and the htdocs/sites folder, and then use the Parallel's autoinstaller to start a upgrade.

The upgrade will modify your database.

Good luck, I always have trouble with these upgrades (always, not kidding).

Alexandre.

Super idea - any idea where we can get a version of sitebuilder 4.0 to install ? Current files we have available are only pointing to version 4.5 ....

thanks

Jo

Back