• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

URGENT PLEASE ---> How do I add a custom field?

N

netconstructor

Good day everyone. First of all I would like to say that I really love the Plesk system. We run a whole host of different plesk servers and although we have had various issues we are generally very happy with the software itself.

My question today is hopefully one that someone can provide some type of solution or hack for as we have found no way to do this.

Essentially, all we want to do is add an additional field to the page which lets you create a new domain name.

This field should essentially let the client enter in a value (in this case a URL) which after submission would automatically be used as a value in a "vhost.conf" file.

I am aware that we can essentially create a "html" file (used as a skeleton file upon domain creation) and then through the use of a tag add it to the html file which in effect automatically write the applicable field value to the file upon creation. (I am specifically referring to the default html page which include the domain name).

So, I guess the questions here are not if this is possible but rather:
A) where can I modify the front end design for the domain creation page to add an additional field
B) how can I add some type of additional tag to the system so I can in effect assign the field I want to add to this tag
C) will it be enough to just add a "conf" directory and its applicable "vhost.conf" file to the skeleton folder?
D) is there any special process I need to take when referencing the tag I want to include within the vhost.conf file?

Those are essentially the key question so if I can get those solved it will save us a great deal of time.

I don't want to push my luck here in getting someone to respond but these were additional questions that we also had if the above is somehow possible.
1) instead of just adding a field to a page with a tag might it be possible to add an additional option to the main "create a new domain page" (where you select the radio buttons) so that it offers you a third option, lets say its called "create a proxy redirect". Selecting this radio option would then bring up a new page (just like the standard forwarding/frame forwarding options) in which he would now enter the URL.
2) Once the domain is created, should he want to modify it, it would be great if he could actually modify his entry just like with phisical hosting, standard forwarding, frame forwarding... but if this is possible, could/would it automatically delete the vhost file completely or just remove the entry? I have no idea how that might be done?

Any help on any top above is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Chris

Back