• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

url rewriting on different domains, subdomains, and auto add DNS subdomain

N

NothingHere

Hi,

In the first case :

I have domainC.com.
I want to create automatically subdomainX.domainC.com and subdomainY.domainC.com (subdomainZ, subdomain999... etc ...).

How automatically create a DNS entry on my plesk-bind-dns-server ? where data is storend in plesk bind/DNS ?

Have you do that with php/perl/other ? How ?

In the second case :

I have two domains : domainA.com and domainB.com.

domainA and domainB are on the same server.

index.html is in www.domainA.com/indexes/index.html and subdomainX.domainA.com and subdomainY.domainB.com points to this index file.

www.domainA.com/admin/ and www.domainB.com/admin/ will be the same directory (located at www.domainA.com/admin/ ).

I think it's possible to do that with URL Rewriting.

Anyone had do that, or can copy/paste his url rewriting conf ?

It's possible to do that on two different domains ? or only subdomains of a domain ??

I need your help / experience / ...

Thanks !

No one know how automatically create a DNS entry on my plesk-bind-dns-server ? where data is storend in plesk bind/DNS ? :(

and you never use url rewriting ? ;)

Originally posted by breun
1. Plesk already automatically creates an A record for a subdomain you create in Plesk. I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

Not that not I'm searching for. I know that. Have you read my problem ?

I want a script (perl or php script) that can create a A record for a subdomain in my Plesk DNS.

How Plesk modify A records in DNS ? Where it's stored ? How I can modify that by a script ?

I know Apache URL Rewriting docs.
But it's possible to use url rewriting for two different domains, who are on the same server ?

Not that not I'm searching for. I know that. Have you read my problem ?

Yes, I read your problem, but it wasn't clear to me.

I want a script (perl or php script) that can create a A record for a subdomain in my Plesk DNS.

How Plesk modify A records in DNS ? Where it's stored ? How I can modify that by a script ?

You can use Plesk's dnsmng command. Check the command-line docs.

I know Apache URL Rewriting docs.
But it's possible to use url rewriting for two different domains, who are on the same server ?

Sure.

Yes, I read your problem, but it wasn't clear to me.

Sorry for my poor english ...

You can use Plesk's dnsmng command. Check the command-line docs.

Ho great !

Now I can wrote a perl or bash script with that. Thanks for your help !

Sure.

Thanx, it's now clear. Now I'm sure it could be possible, I'll go reading theses docs ...

Thanks for all, have a nice day.

Back