• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

User not able to download mail when quota hit

S

Swakoo

I have realise that when my user email space is maxed out.. they won''t be able to download via POP but rather they have to go to webmail to clear it before they proceed...

anyway to allow them to download via pop instead?

anyone guys?

my users are starting to have more of this problem (oh man why can't they just clear their mailbox in time)

but anyway, is there anyway to override it?
cos i realise, for example, one of my user who have 30MB email space, when the mailbox is full... say.. 40MB - according to the summary report (i don even know how come it will hit pass the 30MB??)
they won't be able to check via pop... no mail comes in (as if mailbox is empty)

but a check via webmail shows the mail all there.... :confused:

I dont know, the only thing i can tell you is to unquote the mailboxes. We use a Fair Use Policy. When a mailbox grows to fast we will advise the user to cleanup his mailbox.

Originally posted by rvdmeer
I dont know, the only thing i can tell you is to unquote the mailboxes. We use a Fair Use Policy. When a mailbox grows to fast we will advise the user to cleanup his mailbox.

Can you explain what do you mean by unquote the mailboxes?

Well i guess that you enabled a quota for the mailboxes?
Just unquota them and check with a script on shell level.

Originally posted by rvdmeer
Well i guess that you enabled a quota for the mailboxes?
Just unquota them and check with a script on shell level.

Yah I did... but reason being is because my users tend to deal with huge files so we had to control...

but is it a norm.. thaton mailbox quota full... user can't download via POP but only through web??

urm anyone can confirm the above abnormalities?

that when a pop account goes beyond the quota, mails just stop coming in and have to be cleared via web?

Back