• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

users not receiving email

S

snakeman

I have set up all websites and emails using plesk on my linux server and none of the users are receiving email. The system uses qmail. The plesk version is 7.5 reloaded. Any suggestions on what I should do. I'm by no means a linux guru. Thanks...

It's too difficult to help you with such problem description. How do you understand that your users do not receive emails?

At least do the following:

1) create mailname with mailbox in Plesk
2) from the external email account send an email to the created user.
3) wait a few minutes for possible answers about errors in external mailbox.
4) try to access plesk's mailuser via POP3/IMAP and see if email is arrived.

Write here what did you see.

Have been sending emails but do not get anything back to tell me what the problem is. Almost like the system is retaining the emails but when logged in via webmail, or when trying to get emails via outlook, there's nothing to get.

Try to run this

/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread

to see if your emails are in queue yet.

Also it is usefull to see smtp log file. Somewhere in /usr/local/psa/var/log/

Well, it looks like the queue is full of stuff. What should I do now? Also, looking at the log, it looks like qmail is delivering some of the mail but I can't find it. hmm...

How much your server loaded?
Try "uptime" command. May be your server too weak to process so much emails.

now when sending mail to a user, I get a "Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)" even though there is one. Any suggestions? Thanks...

all websites (including www, no www, ftp, mail) ping perfectly. I don't know if I want to clear the queue since there might be some important email in there. Why should the queue affect the receiving of mail?

Well actually there may be a message that is blocking the smtp server from sending the rest of the Q.

looks like after installing and running webmin, it changed courier-imap. Anyway to revert back or reinstall courier-imap to fix? Does anyone know if I can change mail packages to handle email that Plesk will use from now on? Thanks...

Back