• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Host Headers Multiple Sites using single IP

T

Tony Cornejo

From an IIS background, I used the host header function to server multiple sites for one IP.
Reading up in Apache I find that is handled through NameVirtualHost entry in Apache config. Is there a way to accomplish this in Plesk 9?

If not, will making these changes in the Apache Config files cause problems with the Plesk management of these domains?

plesk use NameVirtualHost automatically for the apache configuration ....

Is what you're mentioning in the Plesk interface?

What program group from the main page would this be found in Plesk 9?

when you create a domain, plesk do this for you automatically

just take a look in to your apache config files ...

Every site that I have created through the Plesk interface I'm only given an option of using an IP exclusive. There is no choice to set up a site based on a NameVirtualHost.

Are you saying that I can make these edits manually in the config file to create these?

Will these be reflected in the Plesk interface?

Thanks,

sorry i can't see your problem, plesk normaly not need a exclusive ip for every domain.
there is no button or something in plesk to use NameVirtualHost, plesk just create it with the apache NameVirtualHost....

Back