• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Plesk 7.5.4

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
Upgrading to Plesk 7.5.4 from 7.5.3

Does it install right from 7.5.3? Will I have problems?

Is it any better than 7.5.3?

plus bugs fixes i tried to upgrade it by using patch 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 few minutes ago but i get the following error

Error 1713. Plesk 7.5.4 for Microsoft Windows cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group. System Error: 1638.
=== Logging stopped: 7/13/2005 22:50:01 ==="

Any Idea?

I'm going to follow the release notes. Not use the patch.

3.1. Before Upgrade
-------------------

We strongly recommend the following measures for decreasing the IIS load and
eliminating the possibility of file locking during the backup/restore procedures:

* Do not login to the Plesk Control Panel and do not make any actions in it.

* By means of firewall, prevent the possibility of external access to the
Plesk Control Panel, server's files, sites, and their mailboxes.

* Stop and disable Indexing Service if you use it.

* Stop and disable Windows Media Services if you use it.

3.2. Upgrade Steps
------------------

1. Log in as "Administrator" or another user with Administrator's privileges.

2. Change your working directory to the directory where the Plesk 7.5 for Windows
distribution resides.

3. Run the installer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

5. When the backup and uninstallation phases are finished, reboot confirmation will be requested.

6. After reboot Plesk will have started for installation and restore phases automatically.

3.3. Completing Upgrade
-----------------------

There are no additional actions, Plesk is ready to use.

that didn't work either. Not sure what the best approach is. I would wait until it's posted on the website.

it didn't work? heh yeah i submitted a ticket about this but they dont know why again yeah ill wait to see what the others will say too. let me know if u got this working.

I was able to upgrade it. Here is what I did.

Windows 2003 Server - Standard Edition
Shutdown Plesk and all Plesk Services
Downloaded Plesk 7.5.4 Patch
Installed
Rebooted

I had no errors.

Clicked on the plesk service manager in the right hand side tool bar. Selected all services and shut them down.

Guys,

please wait a little bit with upgrading to 7.5.4 until we verify the latest reports about problems with upgrading, as we havent observed such problems in our test cycle.

If you have tried to upgrade already and met with some problems, please contact our support, we will deal with it free of charge.

i already did... now my files are screwed up by that error. ticket 70444 and i have done a investigation when u have Acronis True Image Enterprise Server already installed u get that error just uninstall it. This solves it.

Back