• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Plesk as primary DNS server

B

BillThyCat

Using Plesk as primary DNS server - MySQL Help needed

We host around 100+ domains, I want to use Plesk as a primary DNS server so that I can edit zone files from anywhere and they will go live shortly.

I currently have a script that reads the named.conf file and recreates it with type slave; statements so that it can send that file on to my 3 other DNS servers (that are publicly available), I plan to keep Plesk a local DNS server and not public.

Anyways, I have everything working except for 2 things.

1. We are an ISP, we have about 750 IP addresses that I need to create PTR records for and A records for so that all of our customers IP's are reversible. This is a real pain to enter then 1 at a time, if anyone knows a shortcut for getting them entered I will worship you for a few days.

2. After many trials and errors, I finally have Plesk where it creates the NS entries in a way that it makes the zones transferable to the listed NS entries. So my 3 other DNS servers can properly zone transfer domains. However the x.x.x.in.arpa zones that are auto created in Plesk don't carry over these NS entries, so therefore can not be transferred.

I have figured out how to log into the PSA plesk database, however I am not a SQL guru, and have no idea what commands need to be issued in order to add global trusted NS entries. I am looking for a step by step command structure to enter the records.

If someone could assist with either or both of these requests, as stated above, I will worship the ground you walk on (for a few days), I will put a sign above my monitor that says _____ is a god, and I worship him!

Thanks,

Tim

Oh yeah

I guess I forgot to post that.

It's Plesk 7.5.6 and we are using the Bind implementation that comes installed with Plesk.

I am also running Bind 9.x on all 3 of my public DNS servers as well.

I hope that helps.

Tim

Nobody here has modifed the MySQL database by hand to add trusted networks?

Tim

I usually hate bumping a thread, but still have not gotten any info on this and have been unable to find anything while searching for info. If anyone has any suggestions I would really be appreciative.

Thanks,

Tim

Ok, I got the part with entering the Common Transfer List, so all my DNS servers should work there now. Still looking for an easy way to import reverse DNS entries.

Thanks,

Tim

Back