• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

using RoundCubeMail as webmail for Plesk9

A

ActionScripter

hello there,

i installed roundcubemail to /var/www/roundcube and it works fine. now I added a new entry to the plesk database:

INSERT INTO `Webmails` (`id`, `product_id`, `name`, `version`, `release`, `docroot`, `enabled`) VALUES
(3, 'roundcube', 'RoundCubeMail', '0.2', '0.2-stable', '/var/www/roundcube', 'true');

now i see the entry on clients mail configuration page in plesk. but if i want to select it, i get an error without any description. does anybody know a way to fix this?

greetings
tobias

ps: I know, plesk doesn't support roundcubemail this time.

Ok, I found a way, but its ugly. I implemented roundcube as default for webmail if NO webmail-client is selected...
here is a small description:

create file /etc/apache2/conf.d/zzy_roundcube_vhosts.conf (to load after psa and before atmail/horde):

<VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80>
Include /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/conf.d/*

Alias /roundcube/ /var/www/roundcube/
DocumentRoot /var/www/roundcube
ErrorLog /var/log/roundcube/error_log
CustomLog /var/log/roundcube/access_log combined

<Directory /var/www/roundcube>
<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_admin_flag register_globals off

php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/roundcube"
php_admin_value include_path ":."
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 16M
php_admin_value post_max_size 16M
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_admin_flag register_globals off

php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/roundcube"
php_admin_value include_path ":."
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 16M
php_admin_value post_max_size 16M
</IfModule>

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

---

create directories /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube and /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/conf.d

---

create file /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/create.sh

echo "ServerAlias webmail.$1">/etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/conf.d/$1
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

---

create file /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/remove.sh

rm /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/conf.d/$1
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

---

now add two events into the eventmanager of plesk:

Physical hosting created highest (100) root /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/create.sh <new_domain_name>
Physical hosting deleted highest (100) root /etc/psa/webmail/roundcube/remove.sh <old_domain_name>

---

thats all. this is very dirty and maybe there are some conflicts. but it works for now :(

does anybody has a better way? how can i tell plesk to use my own implementation/configuration???

please help
Tobias

Hi, and thanks for your post.

I tried to make this work too- I get the Errormessage as well, but if I go into the "Serverwide Email Settings" and just try to confirm the roundcube as option it comes the following:

"Error: webmailmng failed: Unable to find webmail with name: roundcube
Possible name was defined incorrect."

Any Ideas?

Did you install roundcube as a distro package or from source?

Will this work on PSA 9.5 - I don't want to break anything! And if anyone has any updates to this procedure or knows what issues I might run into, please let me know.

Thanks!

Any progress on adding rouncube?

Hi,

I am looking for a roundcube solutions as well. Added the db entry and get the same error. Also tried to add (copied from atmail) roundcube template in /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default.

What else could be missing?

Mark

I never found a Plesk solution actually. We ended up installing RoundCube to the HN instead of running it inside of Plesk VE's... Kinda lame, but it works all the same.

Back