• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

using smartermail and smarterstats with plesk

M

manos2000

As i know from previous experience, on both these tools it is better to stop their servers and attach the processes to IIS (it is more secure and uses much less cpu).
If this is done then plesk recognises these as components or not?

thanks

manos

Plesk 8.2 and smartermail works just fine

Hi manos2000, Plesk 8.2 will recognize your smartermail installation without any problems. It was problematic with plesk 8.1 but 8.2 solves this.

regards

smartertools

i used unique ips for these tools in order to can use port 80 but plesk 8.2 does not recognise these, as tries to connect to localhost and has no option to put a specific ip

thanks for answer anyway

manos

I have installed it on port 9999 (it is default configuration AFAIK).

smartertools

me too smartermail at 9998 and smarterstats at 9999.
it works ok from web interface but as u put with plesk A record webmail.domain.com it does not work as it needs to specify port.
All in all would be nice swsoft to add one more field at configuration of these tools with port so when using unique ips to can use port 80

manos2000

Re: smartertools

Originally posted by manos2000
me too smartermail at 9998 and smarterstats at 9999.
it works ok from web interface but as u put with plesk A record webmail.domain.com it does not work as it needs to specify port.
All in all would be nice swsoft to add one more field at configuration of these tools with port so when using unique ips to can use port 80

manos2000

This fature is scheduled for the next Plesk version.

smartermail and stats on dedicated ips

manos2000,

why are you not installing smarterstats and mail on IIS on dedicated ips? This would solve the 80 port issue, I have it running just fine as webmail.domain.com

Another thing Sergius, I noticed that when you create a new plan in plesk the mail box quota for the domain and the maximum quota for a mailbox is in KB and it does not allow more then let's say 5GB for a mailbox or domain disk mail quota, can you pls tell me if I could tweek the plsk db to have the limitations changed? I am using Plesk 8.2 on IIS and mssql 2005.

thanks

smartertools

thanks for the reply
the web interface and webmail.domain.com work fine at port 80 with use of dedicated ips but smartermail and smarterstats can not be intergrated to plesk as plesk needs to use localhost (all unassigned ips).
It would be solved if at plesk>server components there was an extra field to put the ip.
I will write later today a complete article of my experience with plesk/smartertools in order next version to have this fixed

thanks

manos

Back