• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng

M

moftary

Can anyone with Plesk 7.5.x send me those files?

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng
and /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/packagemng

I need to test if they might work well with my plesk 7.1.7 buggy packagemng.

Cheers,
mOftary

I don't have access to those files at the moment (I'm away from the network) but what's wrong with your 7.1.7 packagemng files? Are you getting Plesk login errors after having applied the latest RPM fixes?

If so, you can run the rpm --rebuild-db command (something like that anyway) and it re-initialises the RPM database. Then you can login to Plesk without a problem... however, your server will no longer be able to run up2date properly. If you need to run up2date, you must re-run the --rebuild-db command and then run up2date. You won't be able to log into Plesk in the meantime. It's one or the other unfortunately!

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thanks for your reply.
It's not that problem, you can check http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17010 for the details. It appears that when a certain number of clients login to plesk 7.1.x in the same time, control panel hangs with very high loads of packagemng processed. They say that problem was solved in 7.5.x which I dont have lisense for. That's why I care to test if replacing packagemng would work.

Cheers,
mOftary

They say that problem was solved in 7.5.x which I dont have lisense for. That's why I care to test if replacing packagemng would work.

Seems like packagemng was changed in 7.5.x: I ran it on 7.1 and it printed list of components and I ran it on 7.5 and it printed nothing, but instead updated DB table. So I think the versions are not compatible :(

forget about my request.
I finally managed to get rid of plesk from my servers.
and yes web://cp is still beta and you might find a bug here or there, but it's open sourced. You can hunt the bug yourself or hire someone to do so for you. Surely in the latter case it wouldnt cost you as much as plesk + its lame support cost :)

Cheers

Back