• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/var/qmail/control/smtproutes alternative?

rolo@

Basic Pleskian
GoDaddy configures every Plesk install to route mail through :k2smtpout.secureserver.net. There is a limit of 10.000 emails per day using that configuration.

How can I configure QMail to skip :k2smtpout.secureserver.net and send email directly?

if you dont need the smtp route just delete the smtproutes file and restart qmail..

but take care if you send email directly from your box: a lot of providers are checking if a sending MX host has a PTR Record in DNS...and refuse connections if the sending mx has no PTR record....

also it might be possible that your plesk provider is firewalling smtp port 25...and only their smarthost is allowed to send emails throug firewall...

greets

roeschu,

Thanks for the info.

also it might be possible that your plesk provider is firewalling smtp port 25...and only their smarthost is allowed to send emails throug firewall...

Right on the money. This sucks.

Hey!

Talk about a two year old threat!

We actually switched to Rackspace and haven't had any problems ever since. They don't impose any limits whatsoever and their tech support team is amazing.

Thanks for the info anyways!

Woops! I probably should have checked the date first...

Oh well. It may be handy to others I guess.

Back