• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

View a Word Doc in IMP

Z

zondo

I have an issue when I am opening a word doc in horde webmail. THis is the error that I receive.
Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/wvHtml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-horde:/etc/psa:/tmp:/var/log:/usr/share/doc) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/MIME/Viewer/msword.php on line 34

This is an out of the box install, and the only problem appears to be not being able to open a word doc

Originally posted by zondo
I have an issue when I am opening a word doc in horde webmail. THis is the error that I receive.
Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/wvHtml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-horde:/etc/psa:/tmp:/var/log:/usr/share/doc) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/MIME/Viewer/msword.php on line 34

This is an out of the box install, and the only problem appears to be not being able to open a word doc
<Edited by JY> My original suggestion of modifying the open_basdir was not a good solution. Here is a better one:

Just copy the wvHtml from

/usr/local/bin

to

/usr/share/psa-horde/imp

and change the

/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/mime_drivers.php

file to reflect the following:

$mime_drivers['horde']['msword']['location'] = '/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/wvHtml';

IMP has access to it's own directory, so it will be able to execute the file from there.

Is there any security risk by adding /usr/bin to the path?

yes. php scripts will be able to execute any applications from there if you add it to php.ini.

Ah, sorry I forgot to mention the alternative earlier. Just copy the wvHtml from /usr/local/bin to /usr/share/psa-horde/imp and change the /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/mime_drivers.php file to reflect the following:

$mime_drivers['horde']['msword']['location'] = '/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/wvHtml';

IMP has access to it's own directory, so it will be able to execute the file from there.

your work around sounds interesting.

would you care to share where I could get wvHtml (and possible xlHtml - for excel files).

I did a locate but didnt find it on my system.

I'm guessing that http://wvware.sourceforge.net/ is the correct place ?

I was able to find wvHtml in a wv rpm file using rpmfind. With my 7.5.3. the mime_drivers.php was located in /etc/psa-horde/horde.

aharpham,

you may not know it, but you helped me a lot. I tried installing from source but had a problem. I didn't feel like posting it and working out a solution but when you mentioned rpmfind - I went out and thanks to your idea wvHtml is finally installed.

thanks ;)

[EDIT]

if anyone cares: I installed the wvHtml, xlhtml, ppthtml drivers into /usr/share/psa-horde/office_drivers/ so now I get to see word, excel and powerpoint without having to download them.

Back