1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Directory HELP!!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by slpc, Mar 21, 2007.

1. slpc

slpc Guest

I just upgraded from 7.4 and I see the whole 'protect directories' area has changed. Here's the problem, in the past I was able to simply type in a path (ie. /name1/name2/) and protect that path and it worked fine. The reason I had to do this was because the path actually goes to a virtual directory that is created outside of Plesk for a custom app that we use.

Now, I have no way of typing in a direct path! Instead, it forces me to 'add a virtual directory' but I can't do this because the virtual directory that we use needs to point to a directory outside of the current site's directory. And Plesk will not let me put in absolute or relative paths to anything outside the current sites web directory.

Anybody have an idea of how I can do this?

2. slpc

slpc Guest

This is infuriating!

Is it impossible to specify a directory outside of the domain for the location of a virtual directory??? Why on earth did they take the simple interface away from the previous versions of Plesk where I could simply type in a path to protect????

SWSOFT, ARE YOU HERE??

3. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Sir, What about Plesk version are you talking?
    Please find button "Protected URLs" on domain page and protect any URL.

4. slpc

slpc Guest

I am using version: psa v7.6.1_build20060711.21 os_Windows 5.2.3790.0

I do not see any button labeled "Protected URLs" on the domain page.

5. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Sir, this forum for Plesk 8.1 for Windows.
    Please update Plesk up to this version.