• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Virtual Directory HELP!!

S

slpc

I just upgraded from 7.4 and I see the whole 'protect directories' area has changed. Here's the problem, in the past I was able to simply type in a path (ie. /name1/name2/) and protect that path and it worked fine. The reason I had to do this was because the path actually goes to a virtual directory that is created outside of Plesk for a custom app that we use.

Now, I have no way of typing in a direct path! Instead, it forces me to 'add a virtual directory' but I can't do this because the virtual directory that we use needs to point to a directory outside of the current site's directory. And Plesk will not let me put in absolute or relative paths to anything outside the current sites web directory.

Anybody have an idea of how I can do this?

This is infuriating!

Is it impossible to specify a directory outside of the domain for the location of a virtual directory??? Why on earth did they take the simple interface away from the previous versions of Plesk where I could simply type in a path to protect????

SWSOFT, ARE YOU HERE??

Sir, What about Plesk version are you talking?
Please find button "Protected URLs" on domain page and protect any URL.

I am using version: psa v7.6.1_build20060711.21 os_Windows 5.2.3790.0

I do not see any button labeled "Protected URLs" on the domain page.

Back