1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

WARNING: Upgrade to 7.5.4 went wrong!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by eugenevdm, Jul 20, 2005.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    After upgrading from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 I get the following in the Event Viewer and Plesk is not working anymore:

System Log

This event appears every few minutes.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10016
    Date: 2005/07/20
    Time: 10:27:24 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: CP2
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {6B7FF909-F525-4F67-AC61-B74ED9BEB9D8}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Application Log

The following two events appears to follow each other most of the time.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Time: 09:08:33 AM
    User: N/A
    Description:
    Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.52.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0.

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: DrWatson
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4097
    Time: 09:08:34 AM
    User: N/A
    Description:
    The application, C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\Apache.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/20/2005 @ 09:08:33.893 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C8396D0 (ntdll!RtlAddressInSectionTable)

Everything else such as PHP, MySQL, MS-SQL, ASP, MailEnable, etc. seems fine.

I have tried repair, no luck there.

I done a little research on the errors, especially the Apache.exe errors, and it looks like it's going to be a hard one to solve.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. eugenevdm

68%
    I've decided to reload everything from scratch and restore a Plesk backup. The Plesk backup feature seems quite simple to use and fairly robust. From a trial I did it looks like I'll be able to restore 99% of the box OK.

3. eugenevdm

68%
    New information

I have since had a similar problem and I now believe the problem could be related to Zend Optimizer for Windows which I had installed about the same time as the problem.

Someone has led me to believe if you install Zend you should set the following registry setting to nothing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\IniFileLocation

4. eugenevdm

68%
    I was given the wrong information. The key is correct, but the key name is:

IniFilePath

mine was set to "c:\windows". When I set it to nothing Plesk returned to normal.

5. eleblanc

eleblanc Guest

Exacte same thing for me.

When i got to this thread i realise i also just had installed zend. I remove the path in the registry and working good now.