• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WARNING: Upgrade to 7.5.4 went wrong!

eugenevdm

Regular Pleskian
After upgrading from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 I get the following in the Event Viewer and Plesk is not working anymore:

System Log

This event appears every few minutes.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
Date: 2005/07/20
Time: 10:27:24 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: CP2
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B7FF909-F525-4F67-AC61-B74ED9BEB9D8}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Application Log

The following two events appears to follow each other most of the time.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Time: 09:08:33 AM
User: N/A
Description:
Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.52.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: DrWatson
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4097
Time: 09:08:34 AM
User: N/A
Description:
The application, C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\Apache.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/20/2005 @ 09:08:33.893 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C8396D0 (ntdll!RtlAddressInSectionTable)

Everything else such as PHP, MySQL, MS-SQL, ASP, MailEnable, etc. seems fine.

I have tried repair, no luck there.

I done a little research on the errors, especially the Apache.exe errors, and it looks like it's going to be a hard one to solve.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've decided to reload everything from scratch and restore a Plesk backup. The Plesk backup feature seems quite simple to use and fairly robust. From a trial I did it looks like I'll be able to restore 99% of the box OK.

New information

I have since had a similar problem and I now believe the problem could be related to Zend Optimizer for Windows which I had installed about the same time as the problem.

Someone has led me to believe if you install Zend you should set the following registry setting to nothing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\IniFileLocation

I was given the wrong information. The key is correct, but the key name is:

IniFilePath

mine was set to "c:\windows". When I set it to nothing Plesk returned to normal.

Exacte same thing for me.

When i got to this thread i realise i also just had installed zend. I remove the path in the registry and working good now.

Back