• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Watchdog 2 BROKEN

H

Hal9000

I have these problems with the Watchdog:
then trying sto start services monitoring or disk monitoring, i am getting this error:
Error: Error occurred while calling the module utility wdservice: 'Open file '/etc/inittab' failed'
But the file is there!

And when trying to start the security scan, i get this error:
Error occurred while calling the module utility securscan: 'Empty error message from utility.'
0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/watchdog/wdlib.php:1241
wd__exec_wd_util(string 'securscan', array, array)
1: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/watchdog/secur-scan.php:22

Statistics seem not to track any data.
Using Plesk 8.0.0 on Debian 3.1.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!
hal

btw i just noticed a "cleanup" process (/opt/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/configure/cleanup) being stuck since some hours and eating up cpu...
just killed it.
anyhow the watchdog still doesn't work, see message above...

my watchdog is also broken:
-it reports courier as not running but "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng --status-maild" says it's running and in "Service Managment" it's also green and it actually is working

- in the past 3 days i had to manually restart apache 3 times and qmail once, "Service Managment" showed them as stopped but the watchdog didn't care.

Hi!

I'm experiencing exactly the same error and errormessages als Hal9000.
I've already opened a support ticket more than 24 hours ago concerning this and other problems.
I'f the support my ever answer, i'll post the solution here.

Honestly, I'm realy thinking of downgrading to 7.5.4 again. That Version was realy good and i did not find any bugs.
Plesk 8 seems to be quite buggy (The watchdog prob is not the only one i get)...

Greetz from Hamburg

Steph

wow, now the watchdog says qmail is OK but "Service Managment" says its not :)

There is apparently a problem with /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/watchdog/wdlib.php. Sw-soft have a replacement file containing some fixes which should get it to work. You'll need to contact support to get it.

This of course means I have to pay them for support to contact them. If there is a bug in their software and they have a fixed file... Why don't they just release it?

Back