1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Watchdog problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Fenice, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Fenice

Fenice Guest

wdcollect[327]: Statistics stack owerflow. Stack contains now 1000 unsaved entries, some of them will be removed.

This entry is repeated continuously in message log.

How can I fix it?

2. luribe

luribe Guest

I'm having the same problem, so i have to deactivate watchdog.

3. bigtank

bigtank Guest

Hi @ALL

I made a call for this problem...

Quotation from an engineer:

I hope this helps everybody with the same problem :)

bigbtank

4. kerpau

kerpau Guest

Just worked through an issue like this one. It turns out that there was an additional (10.X.X.X) IP address configured in Plesk that didn't exist on the network interface. Seems that watchdog was monitoring this IP address, erroring out and hanging up the server. I removed the IP from Plesk, restarted Plesk services and it seems to have resolved the issue. Hope this info helps someone else out!

5. bonesadams

bonesadams Guest

Hi,

I had the same issue before with 8.0. Found that some hosting companies are doing image of Plesk on Windows/*nix OS and then just put it on the all servers they provide.
    It was funny that there was appearing an IP which was not configured, but a lot of the services are configured to use it.
    A simple fix will be to use this command :

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --remove x.x.x.x

Some of the services will be automatically fixed, but if not, then you have to reinstall the service via ssh

6. -yom-

-yom- Guest

thanks a lot !

thanks for that solution
    it helped me to solve that issue

i'm running plesk 8.0.1 on FC4, and just needed to kill the "wdcollect" process to solve the problem
    it restarted automatically

tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/modules/watchdog/log/wdcollect.log returns :
    everything's fine, watchdog show statistics again!

7. keff

keff Basic Pleskian

57%
    In my plesk installation watchdog still doesn't shows the statistics. In wdcollect.log after restarting wdcollect proces I have:
    wdcollect: Statistics stack owerflow. Stack contains now 1001 unsaved entries, some of them will be removed.
    wdcollect: Statistics stack owerflow. Stack contains now 1001 unsaved entries, some of them will be removed.

What else can I do??

8. IckZ

IckZ Guest

same problem here, what can I do? I restarted the Service and looked after some other things, but no solution.

thanks for any answers...

9. -yom-

-yom- Guest

it happened again :(

have had this problem on another webserver
    Plesk 8.2.1 on FC7

same problem, same issue, same solution

thanks again !!!!