• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webalizer Stats?

D

drfix

Ok... New forums allright!. I've had 6.5 now for a few weeks and still no webalizer stats show up. Even if no traffic were to happen at least something should display as far as webalizer is concerned. I've used it on Raqs before so I know what to expect but nothing so far. Any tips?

Yes same here my server still display Disk Usage&Traffic = 0 for every site and every client.

Any Ideas?

No ideas since I'm now pursuing a refund. Don't get me wrong... I really and truly like the parts that work and don't idly purchase things of this sort. Its just that it feels hurried out the door. I'm going to keep my eyes on it for a while longer and look forward to see how it matures but a single site demo didn't prepare me for all the other problems.

I tried a lot of win cp and Plesk6.5 very very good.

Webalizer bug is beleive me nothing (if its a bug) when comparing with a bug which lets anyone browse your C:\....
I found a bug at a $500 control panel.. I report it to developers and then maybe 3-4 times explain how anyuser can browse c:\ from their panel... (Bleive it or not.. they patched the bug only at english version after 1 week.. I myself copied the patched files to the other language directories)

I realize Plesk has bugs. I'm facing a variety of them myself on an administrative level that is slowly becoming nightmarish. But I am still standing by them.

I use a seperate company to provide all our Dedicated servers for our hosting. They swear by plesk. Currently Plesk is working on patches for all problems. One by one, but the major ones that affect direct functionality of the software or server have to come first, and there are those. I've already located two that directly affect the general usabitility.

I recommend giving them a chance and at least two months. This is a brand new product and it is now getting more use than it ever did, or could have, as a beta product.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Hi guys,

On our installation, we found out that "Cron" was non running the "statistics.exe" application. This application is responsible for gathering information on traffic and disk space usage for all your domains. I "believe" it is also responsible for generating the webalizer stats.

As a workaround, we simply used the Task Scheduler built in Windows to run this application every 24 hours. It works like a charm.

Cheers,
Minh

A work around maybe task scheduler, but I would rather have everything functioning they way Plesk requests it to be installed. Is there anyway to setup the schedule for CRON? Cron is running on our system, it just isn't running the statistic.

Thanks,
Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Tdscom : Are you add a scheduled job for cron.exe?

(I have my statistics.exe working every 24 hours with no problem but its only updates disk spaces& traffic usage not webalizer stat pages..)

There is a Cron task pointing to :
D:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe
which is supposed to run every day at 4:19AM, but it does not.

Thank you,

I changed the path to
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe

it seems its working ok for me but no webalizer pages..:(

Can anyone say how to access the CRON job settings to change them?

Thanks,
Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Connect as "ADMIN" in the panel. In the left menu, click "SERVER", and then in the center page click SCHEDULER MANAGER.

This will display your active Crons. To modify a schedule, click on the schedule itself (it will be displayed as an hyperlink).

Thank You! :) That worked perfect. I went in and changed the folder from "progra~1" to "Program Files" and reset the time to run almost immediately. It ran perfect with full specs for all sites! I am very gratefull for the help.

This should be mentioned to tech support though so they can fix it in the install.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

I haven't seen this one yet. I'm only hosting two Name Server only domains right now. But this would be a major problem considering myself and 99% of the hosting companies in the world bill off of bandwidth. To have all the FTP accounts listed under one company would create excessive bandwidth for them and limited for the others. Not good. I hope they fix. Have you tried opening a ticket with Plesk?

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

You bet, the problem has been escalated to Plesk Support through a ticket yesterday. I'll let you know if I get an update on this.

I alerted them to this a few weeks ago now, hopefully should be fixed by now and in the upcoming patch.

Plesk tech support has requested remote access to our box for investigation.

I would grant it to them. All you have to do is change the password when there done. I've told them I'm willing to give them this if they would just get things fixed!

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting
www.ddihosting.com

Back