1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail Broken After Upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by _spawn, Dec 13, 2004.

1. _spawn

_spawn Guest

After the upgrade, I cannot access the webmail; i get a dns error when it refreshes to the /horde directory; i get a dns error.??

Any suggestions??

2. chickenbak

chickenbak Guest

That happened to me at first, so I stopped and restarted plesk, and httpd, and it seemed to work fine after that.

3. _spawn

_spawn Guest

no dice...did that; rebooted the box even

4. chickenbak

chickenbak Guest

Try fingering your DNS server...is the response correct for the webmail subdirectory?

5. _spawn

_spawn Guest

well am getting to the index file in the webmail directory; it is when it metarefreshes to the /horde directory is when it gives the dns error.

6. chickenbak

chickenbak Guest

Well, a DNS error is typically local, please try fingering your DNS server...or if you give me your domain, I can finger it over here and make sure you have a CNAME or A record set correctly.

7. _spawn

_spawn Guest

8. chickenbak

chickenbak Guest

OK, the dns servers are responding fine, and when I go there, it doesn't seem to be a DNS error...just a server not responding issue...

do a search around the forums for webmail breaking after an upgrade, if I remember correctly this is not an unusual issue.

9. dodger

dodger Guest

I had the exact same problem. I tried stopping and starting the related services, but ended up having to reboot the box. Everything worked after that. Very strange....