1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail does NOT work after upgrade to 7.0.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by slpc, Sep 6, 2004.

1. slpc

slpc Guest

Just upgraded to Plesk 7.0.1 on Windows '03 Server. Actually, upgrade didn't take and the whole webserver ended up being hosed, so I had to reinstall Plesk/IIS from scratch (but that's another story).

Anyway, webmail will not work for me. http://webmail.netpublishhost.com takes me to the actual domain instead of the webmail directory. I also do NOT see a webmail entry in IIS. Things I have made sure of and double-checked:

-Yes, I have selected 'webmail' in mail preferences
    -Yes, there is a webmail.netpublishhost.com 'A' record (which was automatically created when I enabled webmail on the email account)
    -No, I do NOT see a 'webmail' entry anywhere in IIS6. I could have sworn that there was one created in the old (6.5) version of Plesk. Where the hell did it go?
    -I have the same issue on every domain on this server.

Thanx for any help on this one!

2. keymasterdk

keymasterdk Basic Pleskian

73%
    Hi

You are right i have 100% the same problem :(

Regards John

3. slpc

slpc Guest

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but here are a couple of suggestions from Plesk Support that might help you out:

First email:

Second email (emailed them back asking if this would fark up my domains or any other settings):

4. slpc

slpc Guest

What a nightmare.

This is not working for me. Everytime I add a new domain and new mail for that domain, the webmail [horde] function WILL NOT WORK!!! Even after applying the fixes above it still does not work.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd certainly appreciate it! This "upgrade" is turning out to be a nightmare.

5. keymasterdk

73%
  6. slpc

slpc Guest

Um... no.

For one, you're using "www.webmail...." there should be NO "www" on the front of that. Yours works just fine if you use the correct web address.

7. keymasterdk

73%