• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail does NOT work after upgrade to 7.0.1

S

slpc

Just upgraded to Plesk 7.0.1 on Windows '03 Server. Actually, upgrade didn't take and the whole webserver ended up being hosed, so I had to reinstall Plesk/IIS from scratch (but that's another story).

Anyway, webmail will not work for me. http://webmail.netpublishhost.com takes me to the actual domain instead of the webmail directory. I also do NOT see a webmail entry in IIS. Things I have made sure of and double-checked:

-Yes, I have selected 'webmail' in mail preferences
-Yes, there is a webmail.netpublishhost.com 'A' record (which was automatically created when I enabled webmail on the email account)
-No, I do NOT see a 'webmail' entry anywhere in IIS6. I could have sworn that there was one created in the old (6.5) version of Plesk. Where the hell did it go?
-I have the same issue on every domain on this server.

Thanx for any help on this one!

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but here are a couple of suggestions from Plesk Support that might help you out:

First email:

Normally in Plesk7 IIS6 you can see webmail we site configured to C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde.

Nevertheless, you can restore Plesk settings for IIS6:
- Run rededit;
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config;
- Set IIsConfigured parameter value to 0;
- run the following command:
websrvmng --install

It should restore all Plesk domain settings for IIS6.

Second email (emailed them back asking if this would fark up my domains or any other settings):

No it doesn't disrupt domains. Alternatively you can create webmail site manually:
Go to IIS manager -> Web Sites -> webmail(default)->tcp port 8425

Path -> C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde -> toggle on allow anonymous access to this Web Site checkbox.
You can additionally add in webmail->properties->Web Site tab->Advanced->host headers for all your Plesk domains. Like this: Add-> tcp port 80 ->host header value webmail.[domain_name].

What a nightmare.

This is not working for me. Everytime I add a new domain and new mail for that domain, the webmail [horde] function WILL NOT WORK!!! Even after applying the fixes above it still does not work.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd certainly appreciate it! This "upgrade" is turning out to be a nightmare.

Um... no.

For one, you're using "www.webmail...." there should be NO "www" on the front of that. Yours works just fine if you use the correct web address.

Back