1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

webmail.domain.com doesn't work for some sites

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by philweb.henry, Nov 3, 2008.

1. philweb.henry

philweb.henry Guest

I am currently running Plesk 8.6.0.4 using Horde IMP Webmail

some clients can get the webmail login page when they login as http://webmail.theirdomainname.com
    but some customers when they do the same , it redirects them to another page. I have tried deleting the DNS entries and adding them again , still the same.

2. philweb.henry

philweb.henry Guest

this is okay now , thanks to Satoriya .. great help, here is what he did

If you are using Horde as a webmail type, you can try reconfiguring it in the following way:
    > cd %plesk_bin%
    > defpackagemng --fix --type=webmail
    > websrvmng --reconfigure-webmail

3. vrancev

vrancev Guest

I have similar problem... I have recently updated from 8.6 to 8.6.0.4 and cannon access asp admin and webmail. Tried the solution from the previous post, but I get the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>defpackagemng --fix --type=webmail
    The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at RegOpenKeyEx subKey=SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config\Packages\webmail

Thats because I use 2008 x64 server and regpath is:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\Packages

How can I solve this problem? What do I need to edit?

4. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Regular Pleskian

same problem here, have you fixed it?

5. m0rpheu5

same problem here, have you fixed it? How?

6. m0rpheu5

same error here, have you fixed?

7. stan arimah

stan arimah Guest

I was having the same problem and someone offered this fix that seemed to work. log into plesk Go to "Domains" select them alll (check box) and above should be "group operations" click that. scroll down to Preferences and in the webmail option choose "switch off", hit ok. Then reselect all your domains go to group operations, scroll to preferences, and choose "switch on" then hit ok. that seemed to work for me and the other peopel that were having the same kinds of problems. hope it helps.

P.s: if you try this and it works, do lets us know. it can help others with the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  8. m0rpheu5

i tryied this, but withou success, to make work, i needed to change the application pool, and them everything works fine.