1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail Problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jyeung, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. jyeung

    jyeung Guest

    0
     
    Instead of the message displaying when I click into a message, I get the headers.

    This is happening only for this server, and I'm stumped.

    Tried reinstalling and no dice. It started happening with 7.5.3, and is continuing the same with 7.5.4.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,
    Jason
     
  2. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    Have you looked in any of the maillog files (sometimes I've seen more than one on a system) for any indication of error when you click the message ?

    When you say 'tried reinstalling', did you do a

    rpm -Uvh --force packagename

    for horde, imp, and courier-imap packages?
     
  3. jyeung

    jyeung Guest

    0
     
    I did that..and I also did a rpm -e for the packages. They wouldn't remove properly, so I had to use --noscripts.

    Nothing in the maillogs.

    Regards,
    Jason
     
  4. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    Does this happen for both plain text messages or just HTML type messages?

    And other than the standard Plesk installer stuff, did you add or install any 3rd party software which could have an effect? Including updates to PHP, SpamAssassin, qmail-scanner, maildrop, MySql, etc??
     
  5. jyeung

    jyeung Guest

    0
     
    Happens for both text and HTML.

    I've tried removing those too (maildrop, SpamAssassin). Didn't seem to do anything.
    Webmail works fine with SquirrelMail, and POP3 works fine as well.

    It's just Horde that's driving me crazy.

    - Jason
     
  6. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    Did you re-install the Horde and Imp and courier-imap AFTER removing the maildrop and non-Plesk Spamassassin ? If you did the re-install before removing those, then try the re-install again, with the rpm -Uvh --force options

    Otherwise my next step would be to go through all the config files for Horde and Imp, not something I want to do on this holiday weekend...
     
  7. Jason Lee

    Jason Lee Guest

    0
     
    Any solution to this problem? I'm also experiancing this.

    Edit: I did some researching and apparently its caued by a problem with mmcache and eaccelerator. I'm looking at solving this problem right now.
     
  8. Jason Lee

    Jason Lee Guest

    0
     
    Problem solved. I upgraded to the latest version of eaccelerator and its working fine now.
     
  9. DuFFBeeR

    DuFFBeeR Guest

    0
     
  10. Jason Lee

    Jason Lee Guest

    0
     
    If your running Turck mmCache you should consider upgrading to eaccelerator. eaccelerator is an offshoot of Turck MMCache (which hasn't been updated for a while). eaccelerator is just as good if not better than MMCache and is more uptodate. The latest CVS version of eaccelerator has solved this problem.
     
Loading...