• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail Problems

J

jyeung

Instead of the message displaying when I click into a message, I get the headers.

This is happening only for this server, and I'm stumped.

Tried reinstalling and no dice. It started happening with 7.5.3, and is continuing the same with 7.5.4.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jason

Have you looked in any of the maillog files (sometimes I've seen more than one on a system) for any indication of error when you click the message ?

When you say 'tried reinstalling', did you do a

rpm -Uvh --force packagename

for horde, imp, and courier-imap packages?

I did that..and I also did a rpm -e for the packages. They wouldn't remove properly, so I had to use --noscripts.

Nothing in the maillogs.

Regards,
Jason

Does this happen for both plain text messages or just HTML type messages?

And other than the standard Plesk installer stuff, did you add or install any 3rd party software which could have an effect? Including updates to PHP, SpamAssassin, qmail-scanner, maildrop, MySql, etc??

Happens for both text and HTML.

I've tried removing those too (maildrop, SpamAssassin). Didn't seem to do anything.
Webmail works fine with SquirrelMail, and POP3 works fine as well.

It's just Horde that's driving me crazy.

- Jason

Did you re-install the Horde and Imp and courier-imap AFTER removing the maildrop and non-Plesk Spamassassin ? If you did the re-install before removing those, then try the re-install again, with the rpm -Uvh --force options

Otherwise my next step would be to go through all the config files for Horde and Imp, not something I want to do on this holiday weekend...

Any solution to this problem? I'm also experiancing this.

Edit: I did some researching and apparently its caued by a problem with mmcache and eaccelerator. I'm looking at solving this problem right now.

Problem solved. I upgraded to the latest version of eaccelerator and its working fine now.

If your running Turck mmCache you should consider upgrading to eaccelerator. eaccelerator is an offshoot of Turck MMCache (which hasn't been updated for a while). eaccelerator is just as good if not better than MMCache and is more uptodate. The latest CVS version of eaccelerator has solved this problem.

Back