• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail Quota

X

xtreem

Ive been trying to setup a visual quota system for either squirrelmail or horde webmail so that my customers can see how much space they have left via the webmail interface. I have tried all of the squirrelmail plugins with no luck and cant seem to find anything for horde 3.0 to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh Running 7.5.3 or RH9.

Thanks
Mike

Nobody else has done this? How does everyone show their clients the usage they have available via webmaiL??

Not possible, Plesk's qmail does not support maildirsize.

I think we should get on to SWSoft and have this as a standard feature for both Horde and squirrelmail. Making it a patch release from 7.5.x
I have many customers who don't even want to know about the plesk CP. So I have to monitor thier dir size etc and let them know that they are over quota.
And I guess a question is to why isn't it incorporated into the system as Webmail is a major function with Plesk CP

Totally agree, i can't understand why this has been overlooked for so long now.. It's a fact, EVERY DECENT mail/webmail system allows one to check quota occupation. There is no excuse for this.

I would have also thought that with the amount of views that we have had we would have more support.
COME ON PEOPLE..we need your input to push this through to SWsoft.
The bigger the voice the higher they will jump..I hope

Yeah, all they need to do is patch qmail-local to support maildir++, courier-imap already does.

One could think "well, i must be overlooking something, there's gotta be a good reason for why they haven't done this already". I could.. but i won't. This sucks.

Yeah I totally agree. It shouldn't be to hard to facilitiate this should it!!

I have noticed the number of views has got way up there too. It would be nice to more input. We need the voice to get SWSoft to do something, just the two of us is going to do "sfa"

Well, we're in the "Installation and How Do I Questions" sub-forum. People see a post with "Webmail Quota" as the title and think it's some kind of instructions to make it happen. That explains the number of post views.

Sorry for the disappointment guys.. but it's not our fault, it's SW-SOFT's ;) I suggest you flood SW-SOFT's support channels with this :)

Here's what SW-SOFT's support had to say about this, after me contacting them via support ticket:

"
I've contacted our development team regarding this issue. It will probably be implemented in one of future releases. Please, watch our website for updates.
"

Ok, probably, we'll see this in the future. Hope it's a near one.

see ya all then, for the party :p

Back