• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Website Builder Program

P

Piggie

I am looking for a website builder program that installs on the server and builds pages for the most neophyte of novice beginner web customer. Another plus would be that it just build plain ole HTML pages. All the ones I have on my server are php based and quite frankly take too much understanding (ie too techy) for a true novice site owner. Something really simple. Thanks.

Originally posted by Piggie
There is a remaining question, someone here might know.

Does it creat static HTML pages? or does it build a php page based website?

static html pages, it works great with plesk integration....

Hey all,
I know v2 SB is going to integrate a few other things like guestbook, forum, counters and other stuff alike.

Most likely the forum will be php, but I think their goal is to still keep it very pain free. And I'm sure you can turn those features on and off.

Does anyone else out there know when the expected release date is?

-poke

SW-Soft SiteBuilder

as a matter of fact i didnt even expected a new release of it, as i think it needs LOTS of features first of new additions.

Like:

1. The ability to sell a template to only 1 customer
->(lets say you have a client that wants exclusivity over x template, you should be able to list it as exclusive, so no one else from now on can select it, just the ones that already have it).

2. Site reset
->(lets say your client screwed up something and doesnt know how to fix it back, you should be able to reset theyr site)

3. Undo
->(this should be verry intuitive right?)

4. Template change
->(some times if your client has already a site published and he/her want to change the template, the SB software "READ" some times "SOME TIMES" SCREW up)

5. Image Gallery removal link
->(there is no way to remove an image gallery)

and well the list can grow bold, but i think this 5 are really basic NEEDED MUST HAVE ones that IT DOESNT have.

The software is good, really simple to use, but i think that it is not yet a production ready-to-be-selled software.

Regards,

Back