• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Websites extremely slow!

G

gamersroot

Hi,

we have a big problem with our PLESK installation, last month we move our colocation on a dedicated 100mbps and we change the ip adresses of the server!

So, in plesk i have removed all the old IP adresses and added the new one and apply them to our clients.

But since this move, we have a lot of latency on the webpage that we host!

What can i check to see if there is a problem with my installation since the migration...

I tried to shudown a lot of services, and it doesnt help us...

Before, we were in a half-cabinet with Cisco Pix Firewall, but now we sell the firewall and put the server into colocation to save money...could our latency be because a lot of cracker try to enter our box?

Do PLESK have a Firewall Plugin?

Thanks for your appreciate help, and happy new year to all the Sw-soft team and the members of the forum!

Plesk does have a firewall module, it's under 'Modules' but it should have nothing to do with your problem. It seems you may have a problem due to the changing of IP's. Did you run the configurator utility? It will help straighten out any IP problems you may have. At the command line run:

#/usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl file_name

It will create the file 'file_name' with an IP map. If you need to make changes, edit the file and run the command again.

Hi,

we ran the utility, but our map is OK and nothing needs to be change!

So, maybe the problem is somewhere else!!

Do you have another idea?

Thanks!

Hi,

we doesnt use the DNS feature of PLESK, we bought the domain and the domain hosting from a company!

Their DNS are excellent and we don't have any problem with us!

The page is showing, if i had a DNS problem the page should take long to appear, but once appear, it should be very fast...

My problem at the moment, is that my webpage appear some part at the time...completely loading (www.gamersroot.com) can take as 3-4 minutes...

It's totally inacceptable...

I just tried your site on 2 different systems on my network and both times it took about 45 seconds to load. Considering the amount of graphics on the page ....

When I ping your domain it comes in at about 39ms from DNSstuff.com as compared to my domain which comes in at 7.9ms. Don't know if this helps.

Réponse de 64.15.128.213_: octets=32 temps=10 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 64.15.128.213_: octets=32 temps=8 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 64.15.128.213_: octets=32 temps=8 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 64.15.128.213_: octets=32 temps=7 ms TTL=53

Here my output for the ping!

And try it again right now, you'll see that it take a lot more time...

I really dunno why...

Back