• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

websites preview out after plesk 8.1 install

mirceacr

Basic Pleskian
hi, I made a clean OS reaload + Plesk 8.1 install, but websites are not running

even website preview doesn't run

it should be a problem with permisions, but i do not know where

any ideea please ?

What comes up when you click on the sitepreview button?

http://70.xxx.xxx.xxx/$sitepreview/domain.com/

I get:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.

HTTP 401.2: Denied by server configuration
Description

The client browser and IIS could not agree on an authentication protocol.

Common reasons
• No authentication protocol (including anonymous) is selected in IIS. At least one authentication type must be selected. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
253667 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253667/) Error message: HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration with no authentication
• Only Integrated authentication is enabled, and an older, non-Internet Explorer client browser tries to access the site. This happens because the client browser cannot perform Integrated authentication. To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
• Configure IIS to accept Basic authentication. This should only occur over SSL for security purposes.
• Use a client browser that can perform Integrated authentication. Internet Explorer and new versions of Netscape Navigator and Mozilla Firefox can perform Integrated authentication.
• Integrated authentication is through a proxy. This happens because the proxy doesn't maintain the NTLM-authenticated connection and thus sends an anonymous request from the client to the server. Options to resolve this problem are as follows:
• Configure IIS to accept Basic authentication. This should only occur over SSL for security purposes.
• Don't use a proxy.

Check the permissions on the sitepreview folder in IIS under the domain.

Originally posted by mirceacr
hi, I made a clean OS reaload + Plesk 8.1 install, but websites are not running

even website preview doesn't run

it should be a problem with permisions, but i do not know where

any ideea please ?
what 3rd-party software are installed with plesk? what file system custom permissions did you set before plesk installation?

Try ruunning the plesk reconfigurator.

See if that helps.

Originally posted by mirceacr
no 3-rd party software installed

only plesk .. and plesk updates
please check permissions on folder <plesk>\isapi.
it should be read & execute right for psacln and psaserv

Back