• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

weird - php script not updating mysql from cron?

michaellunsford

Regular Pleskian
root cron calls a php file that reads a tab delimited text file and inserts the data into a mysql database. What's strange is I'm getting the cron e-mail that shows everything working fine, but the database seems to never get updated.

If I run the php script from ssh or even a browser, I get the same detailed results that show up in the cron email, but the database gets updated.

To add mystery, I have a duplicate cron script on a different server that is working just fine.

Am I missing some weird setting in the cron control panel to make this work?

It looks like a path problem, be aware due to the env there is a little difference if you execute a file from root shell or from cron.

Originally posted by hardweb
It looks like a path problem, be aware due to the env there is a little difference if you execute a file from root shell or from cron.

How can I remedy or code around the path problem?

So, is there a way to change the "env" or code around the difference between cron and root shell login? would a system call to "sudo /usr/bin/php" work?

Back