• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What a mess this 7.5 upgrade is!

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
What a mess this 7.5 upgrade is.

Who tests these bloody releases!

1) PPSWE now fails to DEMO mode on all servers
2) Permissions changed all over the server. Many scripts now fail. Hours later and we are still sourcing all the permission changes.
3) Scheduled update shows the wrong month - eg, NOV
4) Email has ground to a hault.
5) Suitebuilder icons missing from CP
6) English Language on CP login page now called "English (United States)"

I must have sent 30 emails to support already!

Be warned before you upgrade.

Some must like the cutting edge and all the thrills that come with it. Thanks to all those who try it out on their live servers first so the big bugs are worked out before the rest of us upgrade. ;)

I wish I would learn from my previous experiences.. guess I'm just a fool for "New and Improved" and the word "Upgrade"! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was stupid to think that they might have got it right this time, and though getting the new version in early might be a nice thing to do for my clients...big mistake. CGIs are broken everywhere, and plesk won't show anything but the menu!

NIce going!

Come on guys. You must have all learnt by now! NEVER upgrade to a new version until a bug fix release has been released. Plesk always releases major versions full of bugs.

Most of us have learnt, so isn't about time that SWSoft did too!! :mad:

Yeah, I for one learned this lesson a while ago! I'm _just now_ upgrading from 6.0.2 to 7.1.6. Now 7.5.0 just came out, so I'll probably upgrade to it in several months :D

I guess in SW-Soft's defence, this problem isn't specific to SW-Soft and Plesk. It's common to all software development. When it boils down to it, there is just no way everything can be tested or you'll end up like Debian Stable! *booya*. haha. I'll probably get flamed by some Debian lover for that one.

~Matt

I must be lucky... I've only had one problem with plesk releases and updates. That one was the smtp over ssl problem. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Yet.....

No problems yet...

Just upgraded from v7.1.6 to v7.5.0 under RH9 ...

So far, no problems. The VPN module would not install. I used the auto-installer script (did NOT upgrade through the CP as I wanted to watch each module install to make sure that everything went smoothly).

After running the script, I logged into PLESK - for some reason, my admin skin preference had changed ... extremely strange ...

Otherwise, I'm pleased and will post if I have any problems.

CCHickman= How work this SMTP Reject ?

SMTP Reject – By default Qmail will accept mail for any domain name that is properly listed in the rcpthosts/virthosts file. However, it doesn't verify that the username exists. As a result, when a message gets processed, a new MAILER DAEMON message is created. Spammers will take advantage of this to send their spam through a server (they put the intended recipient in the FROM box and a domain which behaves like this in the TO box). Plesk has pre-set Qmail to deny accepting the message altogether if the user does not exist on the server.

I have many problems with load on my servers and only what could help is SMTP Reject...

Thanks.

Back