1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. directhostinguk

directhostinguk Guest

I'm looking at using Plesk for Windows and I'm trying to find out what Plesk Software I will need for my setup.

My Setup

Server 1 - Web, SQL and FTP
    Server 2 - DNS and Mail
    Server 3 - DNS and Backup Mail

Any advice would be great

2. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    You should contact SW-Soft sales who will give you the exact licensing costs and some advice but they probably won't give you too much info on your OS choices. My advice would be:

1. Plesk Windows 7.6.

2. Plesk Linux 8.0.1 DNS and e-mail server. Fedora Core 4 64-bit because it's fast and because it's free. Plesk Central Mail license. Plesk Expand to control Central Mail and your Plesk Windows server.

3. Any other Linux server, such as Fedora Core 4 32-bit or 64-bit.

Use scripts to copy your DNS across from Plesk Windows to your two servers because Expand does not yet work with domain aliasses and you'll probably need it one day. Scripts can be found on this forum that does that. If you're unfamiliar with scripting or Linux then you should make a plan. Running DNS and e-mail on Windows is just not the right way (excuse my bias, but I tried that and burned myself many times)