1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What's using up all server resources?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mli11, Nov 19, 2007.

1. mli11

mli11 Guest

Hi everyone,

Something is eating up all my server resources (disk space is fine and so is cpu.. but system resources goes up to 99%).

I have a strong feeling it's the newly added "spam assassin" that causes my system to crash (from QoS alert I get black zone on privvmpages).

So, I restarted the VPS (email and ftp couldn't connect) and stopped Spam Assassin and Dr Web antivirus. Now system usage is "down" to 80%.

My question: How can I find out how much respectively:

1. process,
    2. programs and
    3. domains

that are using up "system resources" and "cpu"?

Is there a simple command in SHELL? (I tried "top" but it showed real time, I need a "history-logg").

Any help as always much appreciated.

Kindly,
    Mikael

(Using centOS and 320 RAM)

2. jusu313

jusu313 Guest

#top

That will show you the running processes

3. mli11

mli11 Guest

Ok, but as I said, I would like a list that gives me following inforamtion:

1. Name of process / component
    2. How much system resource used

If that doesn't exist, maybe it's possible to record and store such information for later analyze?

Kindly,
    Mikael

4. jusu313

jusu313 Guest

Install webmin http://www.webmin.com it will show you process list and names and everything you ever want.