• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

when viewing site view ipaddress it goes to default plesk page.

F

FernandoJ

Hello

how do i view my website via ip address. when i type in the ip address in my browser the site display the default plesk page

i have already set correctly the ip address on that site.

is there any way in viewing it directly thru ip address?

Is this IP resolvable to domain name? Do you have PTR record for this IP?

i have checked on the dns setting for the domain on plesk. yes it does have a ptr record.

im not sure why its pointing to the default page.

Did you checked with command

host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

that it returns domain's hostname?

this is what i get

host 208.43.129.90
90.129.43.208.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 208.43.129.90-static.reverse.soft layer.com.

To specify what Web site will open when users refer to the Web resource on your server by an IP address:
Go to Home > IP Addresses (in the Server group) and click the respective number in the Hosting column. All sites hosted on this IP address will be listed.
Select the site you need and click Set as Default.

Hi

i followed your instruction it still points to the default plesk page.

i went to home > IP Address then selected the IP address > set the default domain > www.mydomainname.com

default plesk page is still showing up....

since it didn't work i went back to

home > IP Address on the right portion theres a domain row with a number so i click on it then set www.mydomainname.com set as default.

still it shows me the plesk default page.

Its simple because i have tried through www.whoisxy.com here it provide the correct information.You also try the information from there.

Back