• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When will 7.5.5 be released?

P

PixyPumpkin

Does somebody knows when Plesk 7.5.5 Reloaded will be released?

I have no idea but I hope it's soon

There are some serious vulnerabilities with PHP, Apache, and MySQL that need updates applied. Sure would be handy if updates to base components could be unbundled with feature enhancements and thus end the delay game...

I agree!

These updates must be released in a timely fashion to avoid insecure software.

Does SW-Soft not have an answer on why these updates are not implemented?

question: why does an apache, php or mysql update have anything to do with plesk? you can update without going to newer, unsported versions of php and mysql.

i am coming from dealing only with rpm plesk installs on linux. maybe there's something i don't know and that php, apache and mysql are provided by sw-soft for non-rpm installs of plesk. in my world, though, i upgrade php, apache and mysql whenever a new patched version comes out.

Originally posted by revolution
question: why does an apache, php or mysql update have anything to do with plesk? you can update without going to newer, unsported versions of php and mysql.

i am coming from dealing only with rpm plesk installs on linux. maybe there's something i don't know and that php, apache and mysql are provided by sw-soft for non-rpm installs of plesk. in my world, though, i upgrade php, apache and mysql whenever a new patched version comes out.

Plesk admin server runs its own version of Apache and PHP. For MySQL it uses main MySQL.

correct, the php and apache that the plesk admin area run on are their own separate ones. i just didn't think that that was what was being wondered about here. i don't think there are many worms out there trying to exploit apache listening for ssl on port 8443. if you have someone in particular attacking your specific server, then you've got other problems. in that case, i'd recommend taking a much deeper look at security than upgrading plesk's apache.

whats with the main apache on the server runs on port 80/443 ?

its possible to update it on the newest one from the default linux destribution update site?

whats with php ?

You should be able to upgrade everything other than Plesk's Apache/PHP (port 8443) yourself from OS vendors repositories without issues. Plesk is designed to use applications already on a server (regardless of versions, unless you're using something very old/very new), rather than install them.

if you are using an rpm install of plesk on redhat or fedora, for example, you can upgrade apache, php and mysql from the official redhat/fedora update sites without any problem. they have nothing to do with plesk's interface.

on redhat:

up2date -u php apache mysql

on fedora:

yum update php apache mysql

keep in mind that you can't upgrade to any version you want. stick to offical updates from your distro and you should be fine.

by the way, if someone wants to tighten down security for a server's plesk interface because they are concerned with apache exploits there, one option is to use iptables to block access to port 8443 for anyone except authorized IPs. or, even better, just setup a special hostname on that server that you only tell your clients and domain owners about and use mod_rewrite and mod_proxy to proxy through requests there to plesk locally, and block direct access to 8443 from outside.

But does somebody knows when Plesk 7.5.5 Reloaded will be released? :)

Originally posted by PixyPumpkin
But does somebody knows when Plesk 7.5.5 Reloaded will be released? :)

I dont think so anyone knows :)

A customer of Power Toys told to us that is delayed to March 2006, when will be released PLESK 8????
Is not official.

That's very likely and a very good move, in my opinion. It will give SWsoft time to continue ironing out the bugs in 7.5.4 to make a very clean, stable release before adding more features.

Does that mean that 7.5.4 will be the end of the road unless we pay to upgrade to 8?

Surely they should still provide patches for the 7.5 line even once 8 is out?

I didn't confirm or deny that 7.5.4 will be the last release, but if it is then patches will still be made available until the version of EOL'ed (which is usually 12-18 months after the introduction of the next newest release), so don't worry about that. If you want to upgrade to v8 you'll need active SUS.

Originally posted by revolution
if you are using an rpm install of plesk on redhat or fedora, for example, you can upgrade apache, php and mysql from the official redhat/fedora update sites without any problem. they have nothing to do with plesk's interface.

on redhat:

up2date -u php apache mysql

on fedora:

yum update php apache mysql

keep in mind that you can't upgrade to any version you want. stick to offical updates from your distro and you should be fine.

by the way, if someone wants to tighten down security for a server's plesk interface because they are concerned with apache exploits there, one option is to use iptables to block access to port 8443 for anyone except authorized IPs. or, even better, just setup a special hostname on that server that you only tell your clients and domain owners about and use mod_rewrite and mod_proxy to proxy through requests there to plesk locally, and block direct access to 8443 from outside.

Does this also mean we can upgrade to mysql 4.0 using rpm?

Originally posted by akucharski
Does this also mean we can upgrade to mysql 4.0 using rpm?

I've been running mysql 4.1.x and 4.0.x installed via ART's rpm's on 7.5.x, runs fine, been using it on multiple dedicate servers and vps's.

Back