• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is Spamassassin??

P

PSCGi

Forgive me, apparently I've gone brain dead but where's the SA configuration files at? Is this now so hardcoded into Plesk that we can do NOTHING with it beyond suffer through how crappy it works? I had SA on Ensim (man I miss them bad) and it was simple - conf files, easy to edit and understand, you change what you want and you're good to go. Various settings - no problem.

And there was a directory, one in which you could define rulesets and then update them system-wide to properly tag spam instead of this fool Training directory, which anyone who's played with SA for any amount of time knows Bayes training is like teaching a small chimp how to walk. Don't expect anything - it'll all work out fine. Plan for real action - it does what you want it to.

I've been all over in my RHFC 8, Plesk 9.0.1 box and while I find hints of things - nada. I find tons of old references to spamc and spamd routines - nada. I see spamd's on the job in my maillog, but yet I can't for the life of me determine where to configure how SA should find rulesets, much less FIND any rulesets or even a default to attempt to update it for some of the junk we get that needs to take a hike!

Anyone got any clues on this? Trust me, I found the Yum uninstall SA stuff and my finger's sitting on F3 and the other on ENTER ready to rip this stupid thing out and let it annoy me with ignorant warnings - go put it back in myself. Yes, it'll take forever but right now there's seriously no real controls over the thing?

Dave

That's what I thought but the version I've installed on my old Ensim boxes ain't like this one... I could find absolutely no conf files, ruleset defaults or anything else known to a normal SA Admin, unless Plesk's old, old version is such that it's set up radically different from What I was using. And I'm talking configed and tweaked all the way to the SA mailing list as a Subscriber for like 8-9 years at least so I'm at a loss here for what's up. And Ive had it on earlier RH FC 1-4's too so it's not like flipping from one OS to another that could be a factor?

To clarify Plesk doesnt actually have anything to do with spamassassin, it just provides a web interface to configure per user settings in the mailboxes. Spamassassin on the system is the same one as shipped by the vendor, you can see where the vendor keeps everything with:

rpm -ql spamassassin

Back