• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where's is the space going??

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi everybody,

I have noticed some sites are running out of space even though in theory they should have plenty.
For example there's a site with 7.8 Gb quota; its httpdocs folder shows 1.6 Gb and its qmail is only 41 Mb but in the control panel it shows only 174.9 MB available out of 7.8 GB.

Any idea?
There are several sites like this one.

TIA

Hello

Probably some files were deleted but statistics was not calculated for the domain and that is why the disk space still shows old values. So, first please try to update domain statistics with
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=domain.tld

Then, in your control panel look under Backup Manager - I'll bet you'll find backups showing that are eating up space.

Thanks for your answers,

I didn't have to run the update script, this morning it showed 2.8 Gb available which makes sense after adding the site's space, mail AND backup.

can I change the backups' ownership? so it doesn't account for the sites' space. I have an extra disk where I could place them.

TIA

Back