• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where's the Linux demo?

laughingbuddha

Regular Pleskian
Read about the new version, and thought "I'll check this out before I install it on my server", but there's no demo?

Windows version has a demo, but nothing for us Linux users. Any time scale for us Plesk???

Seems a little lack that they put out a new version, yet fail to get a demo server up and running for the release date. Didn't they think that people might want to try before they buy???

Matt

You might want to let SWsoft know and maybe they'll fix it. The Plesk 8.2 demo gives a pretty good impression though.

You can install Plesk without a license and use it for one domain, so you can test with it for a bit.

Ok will do.

Just installing my ProLiant DL360 G3. Thought I would do a quick check on Cent OS and yeap there's a new one. Bugger.

So next question is, CentOS 5 or CentOS 5.1. The new version includes Apache-2.2, php-5.1.6, kernel-2.6.18, Gnome-2.16, KDE-3.5, OpenOffice.org-2.0, Evolution-2.8, Firefox-1.5, Thunderbird-1.5, MySQL-5.0, PostgreSQL-8.1.

The new one offers new features, and I guess I should do it, but will I encounter issues with Plesk 8.3, and any issues with Atomic. I'm keen to use the latest and greatest as far as PHP and MySQL.

What do u think?

Matt

CentOS 5.1 is the same OS as CentOS 5. If you install CentOS 5 and run 'yum update' you'll run CentOS 5.1. (CentOS x.y corresponds to RHEL x update y.)

You might want to let SWsoft know and maybe they'll fix it. The Plesk 8.2 demo gives a pretty good impression though.

You can install Plesk without a license and use it for one domain, so you can test with it for a bit.

Actually it's also possible to request a temp license (for limited period 1-2 weeks), but it's a full-featured one with all the add-ons and no domain value restrictions:

https://register.swsoft.com/support/online_sales/form.php/

Rgs,

Back