• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

White label branding....

W

webmotion

White label branding....un-compiled

release un-compiled pages.... Open the code up and we all could do a lot more with it....

:D

~web

Hey

We could also then write our own. Ain't gonna happen but nice idea.

AdamF

decompiling (a few pages)the top.php, main.php and left.php isnt going to release much.....The main reason is I don't want my clients buying SSL certs and such from myplesk.com. Don't think it is right for the to "auto" capitalize on its user without us having the option to remove the option(s)...

~web

Hey web,

Thats not quite what you said but I see your point. Personally I think plesk should base an interface that uses their creation utils. Allowing us to completely edit it. Also they should make it easy for us to have custom login screens the handle multiple servers. My main feature request though,would be DNS with multiple servers. I've got to sit down this week and try and write a solution:(

BTW. You can remove the ability for your customers to purchase certificates, domaisn, and extra services by clicking the "add service" button on the server menu(while logged in as admin) and uncheck the checkboxes.

AdamF

Thanks for the info, I've seen a lot of other panels come a long way when they don't keep all the code proprietary, I'd like to skin the whole thing.. ;)

You cant run remote DNS servers?

Hey

Yeah thats the whole principle of open source:) But a phrase from the film antitrust.

"Why allow other people to base their products on your code make profit from it?" I think thats a bit wrong butthe ideas right.

BTW I'm not against open source. I think its great and I don't want to start a debate. Afterall PLESK is just a control panel for a lot of open source components(especially on windows).

As far as remote DNS servers working. I'm trying to set it up so that when you add a new domain, it creates the records on another name server and then as a secondary on another server.

I have seen the scripts allowing you to copy the details for the secondary DNS (thanks to atomicturtle) but that wouldn't work for me as I would have to have loads of different ns records, one for each server. I think I'm gonna have to write my own somehow.

AdamF

ATR's automated DNS scripts would work for dozens of servers... It would take some time to trim the cron setup (timing, etc.) but I don't see any other limit as to how many servers can be used.

We're using them on linux without any problems (thanks ATR!), after a little tweaking... Haven't tried to "port" them on Windows, though.

Back