• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why always /var/lib/psa/dumps ?

agarzon

Basic Pleskian
A have a simple question:

I run command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --output-file=/backups/todat.tar.gz (and run excellent).

But, WHY ALWAYS make a copy in /var/lib/psa/dumps ?

Is any way to prevent unwanted backups while I have not authorized?

I have the same problem.

It spams over /dev/md6 witch is only 4.7GB in size and already needed to manually delete those files.

Deaktivated Backups until Parallels fixes this.

Regards
- Alex

Hello,

I've got the same problem. Partitions are getting filled up. It seems to be impossible to set a temporary folder in pleskbackup. Maybe you can make a symlink of that folder to to another partition/folder?

Is there a solution in pleskbackup?

Kind regards,

Burn

Don't bother waiting for an official reply. Not coming....

But here is what I what I did:

Remove some Apps from the Application Vault, this will clean up /dev/md5.

Hope that helps :)

regards
- Alex

By default, pleskbackup stores backups in Plesk backup repository located on the Plesk server (/var/lib/psa/dumps/ folder in Plesk for Linux/Unix and %plesk_dir%\Backup\ in Plesk for Windows).
Plesk is capable of exporting the created backup as a single file (.tar on Unix and .zip on Windows) in one of the following ways:

* to stdout
* to local file system
* to FTP server

For export backup as a single file you should use the --output-file option. After a backup is exported, pleskbackup removes it from the Plesk backup repository.
Path to Plesk backup repository can be changed here:

# cat /etc/psa/psa.conf | grep dumps
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

Or use this workaround.

Last edited:
I added a spare disk for temporary backup files, and I mounted it at /var/lib/psa/dumps

Plesk backup is working like this:

backup to local repository: Makes a complete copy of the domain and its databases to /var/lib/psa/dumps/.........

Backup to ftp repository: Makes a complete copy of the domain and its databases to /var/lib/psa/dumps/...... and then makes a tar.gz of it, and send it to the FTP of your choice. If the FTP transfer is successful, the local copy is deleted. Otherwise, the local copy is kept, and so is the tar.gz file.

I strongly recommend not zipping (makes a tar instead of a tar.gz) because zipping takes a hell out of the resources...

I also strongly recommend making your own script with pleskbackup CLI and using the switches you want. It is a lot more flexible and allow a better control of what you're doing.

I made my own script. It makes a reseller config backup for each reseller, and then a domain backup for each domain. I send each backup to its specific date named file, and then I send files with ncftp to a server, allowing me to get a verbose log of what is happening if the FTP tranfer fail.

Back