• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why did I upgrade? Licence Key Problems.

C

chrisl@

I am begining to feel like I am beta testing the v8 version. I upgraded my server because I did not have any cleints on it yet but I wanted to start moving some over. I am having all kinds of problems doing even simple things. I guess I broke my own rule not to upgrade anything just released for several months.

My current issue is the licence key is warning me it is expired but the expired date is not for 10 days. When I try to retrieve an updated key it says i have the latest version. Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?

Email sw-soft support, they will generate a new key for you.

Then click on the retrieve keys button. This happened to me and it was resolved in the hour.

I had that problem too.
Scroll down in the license info page, and look for an entry that says:
"Next license key update" <date>
Your server should have a new license released on that date. Nice of them to give you the forwarning about something you have no control over though, isn't it? If only they could fix the other major problems with this beta release, it would be alright.
Trust me though... I feel nothing but sympathy for you, if you experience even half the problems with your update that I'm experiencing with mine... and I agree completely that the paying customers are now nothing more than paying beta testers.

I am having the problem and after updating my license it still says I am operating in the grace period of my licence. However i see the next license update is tomorrow, so maybe if I do another update then it will resolve itself.

All very confusing!

Back