1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

wildcard email addresses

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by killerloop, Nov 10, 2006.

1. killerloop

killerloop Guest

Hi,

is it somehow possible to setup email addresses with wildcards? I tried to manually configure this in the /var/qmail/users/assign file, but it does not seem to work with my assignment.

Thanks
    George

2. suite224

suite224 Guest

Are you referring to a 'catch-all' address (An account that receives all mail sent to the domain this isn't sent to an account that actually exists)?

If that's the case, you can go to the domain in question, click on Mail, go to Preferences, and in the section:

Mail to nonexistent user

Choose the option:

Forward to address [insert address that you want to be the catch-all]

3. killerloop

killerloop Guest

Hi,

it should not be a catch-all address. I mean a wildcard address, e.g. all emails beginning with "foo" so that foobar@domain.com and foo2bar@domain.com will be treated the same, whereas nofoo@domain.com is rejected or treated in a seperate way... Should be possible with qmail but I don't get it or maybe together with Plesk it's not working at all - I don't know.

Thanks anyway
    George