• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Will Plesk 7.0's key work for 7.5 after upgrade?

R

RusselHarvey

My hosting currently doesn't support Plesk for windows 7.5, while I need to use php ISAPI which only Plesk 7.5 supports. (current Plesk 7.0 with php ISAPI has trouble to recognize file location in php like this: "./folder/file" and it's if "folder/file").

In the meantime php running in CGI mode in IIS6 has jack the CPU to 100% all the time. So I have to either remove Plesk 7.0 or upgrade to 7.5 for a try.

Nope, it will not. You have to upgrade not only Plesk, but the key for it too. Using old-version key will bring-up forged start page of Plesk. I think SWSoft online sales can help you.

Originally posted by Antony
Nope, it will not. You have to upgrade not only Plesk, but the key for it too. Using old-version key will bring-up forged start page of Plesk. I think SWSoft online sales can help you.

I knew I can't trust the customer service from ev1. Anyway, even the software upgrading failed, it's a mystery how to uninstall Plesk and install Plesk. There is always something "overlapping" then "finished prematurely". I got rid of them all.

Originally posted by ColorPrint
backup your old key before upgrade

Plesk is history now. Moving forward I have to rely on myself. The idea of control panel is good though, Plesk didn't deliver the least quality as a software package.

Originally posted by RusselHarvey
I knew I can't trust the customer service from ev1. Anyway, even the software upgrading failed, it's a mystery how to uninstall Plesk and install Plesk. There is always something "overlapping" then "finished prematurely". I got rid of them all.
Uninstalling Plesk is quite a simple thing, but after that you have to look through the registry and delete the Plesk entries and branches. They are empty, but for some reason they are not deleted sometimes.
And try to filter ports #80 and #443 when installing/upgrading. They say, that the best way to install Plesk is to use clean server. I`ve installed it several times - there were nothing too hard to understand.
If you cannot do something by yourself - that support guys are quite good and can help you. Try to contact them! At least they helped me to set up Plesk - and it is working now.

Back