1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

windows dns servers

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 New Feature Requests' started by webcie, Jan 17, 2007.

1. webcie

webcie Guest

Hello,

I'd like to request support for windows dns-servers as centralised dns-servers in a next release of expand.

So far I really like expand 2.1

Jef

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Okay. It is included in list of registered feature requests.

But may I ask - why do you want Windows DNS servers? What benefits do you expect?

3. webcie

webcie Guest

we started as a windows hosting provider and that's why we decided to set up 4 dedicated dns-servers.

We are using expand for a few weeks now and we like to integrate dns into expand. Our dns system has been very stable for a few years already so that's why I don't like to switch to another OS.

Jef

4. Sergey L

43%
    What DNS server do you use on Windows?
    MS DNS or Bind?
    Will it affect you somehow if our DNS solution uses other DNS server than you are using currently?

5. webcie

webcie Guest

We use the MS DNS service. The most important feature is an import function. We currently have between 1000 and 2000 domains. So rentering is not an option.

Integration with MS DNS shoudn't be very difficult. You can address it completely via commandlines or WMI. I address my dns servers by setting up a vpn and and executing scripts on the remote server. This is al done from a batch file on a linux server.

Jef

6. Sergey L

43%
    Okay. We've included Windows DNS to feature candidates list.

7. webcie

webcie Guest

If you need any help or info on windows dns-servers, just let me know.

Jef