• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

P

pboisso

Hello All,

I just saw that Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 is now officially released.

As anyone tried to install Plesk on a clean Win2k3 Server with SP1 installed?

As anyone installed Win2k3 SP1 on a system running Plesk already?

Any problem, issues what we have to be aware of?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Sorry not to try it myself, but I don't have a test server and for sure I will not install SP1 on my production server until I know if it can be done smoothly.

I just installed SP1 on a existing Plesk 7.5 test server. So far no issues that I can see (on the outside) . I logged in as admin to the CP , launched webmail (mailenable pro) all services are have started within Plesk. I will add more as I continue to test

This server is not currently on the Internet at all (hence the name test).

Server build is:
Windows Server 2003 - Enterprise Edition
ML370 G1
RAID 5 w/ on-board spare
dual 1ghz processors
1gig memory

I just performed a clean install of Plesk on a new 2003 server with all service packs and updates. To date I have not experienced any issues. Everything seems to be working.

Gio

No problem.

Same here, a clean W2k3 SP1 install + Plesk without any apparent problems.

Have a good one.

Has anyone tried updating to SP1 with an existing W2k3 server and Plesk installation?

thats the big question

Originally posted by cosnet
Has anyone tried updating to SP1 with an existing W2k3 server and Plesk installation?

thats the big question
Yes, I am. All works fine :)

Don't install SP1 if you are still running 7.0.3 (i.e. upgrade to SP1 then to 7.5 like I was going to do). It just fubar'd my install. Most of the Plesk services get "Access Denied" errors when trying to start.

Originally posted by sieb
Don't install SP1 if you are still running 7.0.3 (i.e. upgrade to SP1 then to 7.5 like I was going to do). It just fubar'd my install. Most of the Plesk services get "Access Denied" errors when trying to start.

were u able to update to SP1 and then 7.5.1 or are you sticking with 7.0.3 ?

Originally posted by uniacid
it seems to cause too many problems with 7.0.3 :/

.. yes but upgrading to SP1 and then 7.5.1 from 7.0.3 ? has that gone successfully for anyone ?

Originally posted by zubin
.. yes but upgrading to SP1 and then 7.5.1 from 7.0.3 ? has that gone successfully for anyone ?

I tried to do that and it failed misserably. I finally got it working fine by installing SP1 then reinstalling a clean version of 7.0.3 for the time being.

luckily for me, I uninstalled sp1 and my server wasn't locking up randomly nor did it have any problems with plesk

Originally posted by uniacid
luckily for me, I uninstalled sp1 and my server wasn't locking up randomly nor did it have any problems with plesk

but you're still on 7.0.3 or 7.5.1 ?

7.0.3, only reason I didn't upgrade to 7.5.x was because theplanet suggested not to do so since there were supposedly many errors happening, they just gave me that warning.

Hi Folks,

What about the Windows Firewall? I had to disable it. DNS was not working, nor ftp.

It would be nice to have this protection in a not-so-restrictive basis (anything not explictly denied is permitted). Suggestions? I would like to hear your experiences.

Best regards.

Originally posted by unixlibre
anything not explictly denied is permitted

I dont think that would be the best idea. Have you tried the Plesk firewall ?

You just have to add port 53 (UDP and TCP) for DNS to work through the firewall.

Back