1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by pboisso, Mar 30, 2005.

1. pboisso

pboisso Guest

Hello All,

I just saw that Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 is now officially released.

As anyone tried to install Plesk on a clean Win2k3 Server with SP1 installed?

As anyone installed Win2k3 SP1 on a system running Plesk already?

Any problem, issues what we have to be aware of?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Sorry not to try it myself, but I don't have a test server and for sure I will not install SP1 on my production server until I know if it can be done smoothly.

2. wharfratjoe

wharfratjoe Guest

I just installed SP1 on a existing Plesk 7.5 test server. So far no issues that I can see (on the outside) . I logged in as admin to the CP , launched webmail (mailenable pro) all services are have started within Plesk. I will add more as I continue to test

This server is not currently on the Internet at all (hence the name test).

Server build is:
    Windows Server 2003 - Enterprise Edition
    ML370 G1
    RAID 5 w/ on-board spare
    dual 1ghz processors
    1gig memory

3. ecohosting

ecohosting Guest

I just performed a clean install of Plesk on a new 2003 server with all service packs and updates. To date I have not experienced any issues. Everything seems to be working.

Gio

4. pboisso

pboisso Guest

No problem.

Same here, a clean W2k3 SP1 install + Plesk without any apparent problems.

Have a good one.

5. cosnet

cosnet Guest

Has anyone tried updating to SP1 with an existing W2k3 server and Plesk installation?

thats the big question

6. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Guest

Yes, I am. All works fine :)

7. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

Don't install SP1 if you are still running 7.0.3 (i.e. upgrade to SP1 then to 7.5 like I was going to do). It just fubar'd my install. Most of the Plesk services get "Access Denied" errors when trying to start.

8. zubin

zubin Guest

were u able to update to SP1 and then 7.5.1 or are you sticking with 7.0.3 ?

9. uniacid

uniacid Basic Pleskian

it seems to cause too many problems with 7.0.3 :/

10. zubin

zubin Guest

.. yes but upgrading to SP1 and then 7.5.1 from 7.0.3 ? has that gone successfully for anyone ?

11. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

I tried to do that and it failed misserably. I finally got it working fine by installing SP1 then reinstalling a clean version of 7.0.3 for the time being.

12. uniacid

uniacid Basic Pleskian

luckily for me, I uninstalled sp1 and my server wasn't locking up randomly nor did it have any problems with plesk

13. zubin

zubin Guest

but you're still on 7.0.3 or 7.5.1 ?

14. uniacid

uniacid Basic Pleskian

7.0.3, only reason I didn't upgrade to 7.5.x was because theplanet suggested not to do so since there were supposedly many errors happening, they just gave me that warning.

15. unixlibre

unixlibre Guest

Hi Folks,

What about the Windows Firewall? I had to disable it. DNS was not working, nor ftp.

It would be nice to have this protection in a not-so-restrictive basis (anything not explictly denied is permitted). Suggestions? I would like to hear your experiences.

Best regards.

16. zubin

zubin Guest

I dont think that would be the best idea. Have you tried the Plesk firewall ?

17. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

You just have to add port 53 (UDP and TCP) for DNS to work through the firewall.