• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

windows to linux

F

funky123

greetings

am lloking around for a query where we need to transfer a plesk windows domains/mails (everything)(current running 8.1) with all patches up as per autoupdater to Lunx based pleask windows

what wuld be correct way to proceed for this and what version shall be there in Linux servers ?

Hello!

The Plesk migration manager support migration only to Plesk for Windows.

But if you want to migrate mail messages only (and already have mail domains with accounts at Linux machine) you could try to use next scenario to migrate mail content from Plesk for Windows to Linux server.

Next steps are depends on Plesk Migration Manager do you use (please post hire version do you use )

Create domain and account at Linux mail server (Plesk for unix). The passwords of mail accounts must be the same at windows and linux.

Create file restorecommand.xml and put it to <PLESK_DIR>\PMM\Platforms\MailMsgMigrator\

with the next content
Code:
<root>
<MailSrvProvider Provider="IMAP4" Server="LINUX_MAIL_SERVER_IP" Port="143" />
</root>

or change <PLESK_DIR>\admin\bin\migrmng.exe.config http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-win-pmm-guide/14404.htm if you have such rows
Code:
<Platform Name="Mail" Id="{10FB3A3D-BBCC-4270-9B67-28024D279180}">
			<Providers backupProvider="" restoreProvider="" SkipMailMsgBackup="false" SmartRestore="true" >
to
Code:
<Platform Name="Mail" Id="{10FB3A3D-BBCC-4270-9B67-28024D279180}">
   <Providers backupProvider="" restoreProvider="[b]IMAP4[/b]" SkipMailMsgBackup="false" SmartRestore="true" >
      <Provider idString="POP3" Address="" Port="110" Timeout="60" />
      <Provider idString="IMAP4" Address="[b]LINUX_MAIL_SERVER_IP[/b]" Port="143" Timeout="60" />

And run usual migration from localhost (enter localhsot at connection settings). Select domains you want to migrate (these domains are exists in Plesk).
The PMM should make backup of local mail server and restore to remote host using IMAP4.
Please try a small migration to check this scenarion and look at log files to see a problems.

If you use hMail at Windows as Plesk mail server, you should provide the list accounts with passwords to backup.

I hope i will help you. Please post hire about results.
Thanks.

allright OZyryanov , so this would mean the Plesk client/domains and web contents and any other custom features wont get migrated in any situation with PMM , and the workaround mailing might help us to reduce the work a bit .

I shall go through docs for that .

Is it possible by any other ways ike imporing/exporting per domain backups? etc...

Hi,

@OZyryanov:

The second option worked for me !!
But Migration Manager also copied trash123456 to a local account, which wasn't there before. Can I remove trash ?

Thx,

Bart

Back