• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Upgrade from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1 - how???

M

Mantis

Just had an email from Swsoft saying that there is an 8.1.1 version available.
It says it will be in the 'auto update' - well it isn't!
I cannot download it as it says on the download page that is is for 'Clean Servers Only' and there is no mention of it on the patches and fixes page.

So - how do I upgrade my servers when I cannot get hold of the upgrade?

You can upgrade an 8.1.0 installation to 8.1.1 using the downloadable installer, I have done this and everything appears to be running as normal.

Yes but where do you find this download. I am like the first two posters i can not find a download link anywhere and it isnt coming up in the auto update *like anything ever does* like the email said it would.

It is listed on the download page for Plesk Windows here

SWsoft.com -> Download -> Plesk Products -> Download Plesk 8.1 for Windows

PaulC - it clearly states on that page "IMPORTANT: Plesk 8.1 for Windows is for clean servers only "
I am not willing to risk loosing any data by ignoring what SWSoft have clearly stated.

Why can't SWSoft supply a sensible link for this upgrade, it surely cannot be that hard?

The page has a notice on which reads:
IMPORTANT: Plesk 8.1 for Windows is for clean servers only and updating existing Plesk 7.5 or 7.6 for Windows installations. If you need to upgrade existing Plesk 6.5 or 7.0 for Windows you should install Plesk 7.5.6+ before upgrading.
It also states in the release notes:
If you have Plesk version earlier than 7.5.x installed on your machine, you need to upgrade it to Plesk 7.5.6+ first, migrating all data, and then run the Plesk 8.1 installer.
So, if you are running Plesk 6.5 or 7.0 you should upgrade to 7.5.6 or higher. If you are running Plesk 7.5, 7.6, or 8.1 you can upgrade to 8.1.1

IMPORTANT: Plesk 8.1 for Windows is for clean servers only and updating existing Plesk 7.5 or 7.6 for Windows installations. If you need to upgrade existing Plesk 6.5 or 7.0 for Windows you should install Plesk 7.5.6+ before upgrading.

I can see why there's a litle confusion, but I think it's simply down to Plesk's poor way of describing 'clean'. It appears to me Plesk are describing 'clean' as being bare (no Plesk) or one with at least version v7.6 previously installed.

I can confirm that the 8.1.1 exe upgrades from 8.1 to 8.1.1 fine (on my server) - although it switched the DNS service off for some reason and I had to manually re-enable it!

The BEST thing about 8.1.1 is the speed imrovement (compared to 8.1) of login/logout - as this has always been a bug bear for me.

A CP that simply takes ages respond may put customers off and I know Plesk is reasonably OK in terms of speed using a decent server and once past the logon.

Download the 8.1.1 install by simply running the exe on your server hosting a version > 7.6.

Lea

Originally posted by LeaUK

I can confirm that the 8.1.1 exe upgrades from 8.1 to 8.1.1 fine (on my server) - although it switched the DNS service off for some reason and I had to manually re-enable it!

this may seem silly but why doesnt the auto update actually auto update?

hrmm probably didnt explain it properly...

what i meant is why isnt there a button or function directly in Plesk that you can click to download the installer to do the update with?

like CPanel and helm etc you can just run an updater to do it for you without haveing to go login to Plesk site and browse thru and find the right one to run...

I think this will be the least of your worries ;) , wait until you begin the 'upgrade'and then begin resolving the problems!

Although to be fair I only had two issues (known to date):

1. DNS services mysteriously stopped working
2. ASP.net 2 broke on one domain?

Lea

Back