• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WP Toolkit - General Discussion

Hello, Aleksander. As i wrote, i've checked phpinfo(). JSON is enabled.

Attachments

• jsonscreen.png
    jsonscreen.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
I've created a simple test file with just json_encode() function on the same domain with the same php settings. json_encode() works.

Hello Aleksander. Excuse me for the delay. I've created support request. Ticket number #68009. Thank you.

May I suggest to implement the Let's Encrypt certificate issuer within the WordPress Toolkit? For instance having the option to automatically issue a certificate when cloning WP to a new subdomain. It would further optimise efficiency.

Also, it would be great if we could choose the database name and the database username when cloning, etc.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback!

May I suggest to implement the Let's Encrypt certificate issuer within the WordPress Toolkit? For instance having the option to automatically issue a certificate when cloning WP to a new subdomain. It would further optimise efficiency.

This is a great idea -- we'll add this ability to Let's Encrypt extension very soon. Specifically, there will be an option for Let's Encrypt to automatically secure all new domains and subdomains created on a subscription. Ruslan Kosolapov can provide more information, if you're interested.

Also, it would be great if we could choose the database name and the database username when cloning, etc.

When we were implementing cloning and data sync, we have intentionally decided against adding these options, because we'd like to keep WPT as lean and streamlined as possible. Additional options, while possibly useful for some people, are always distracting for those who do not use them. We can add the options you've mentioned, but I'd like to understand the following first: what is the scenario you have that requires these options?

Hi everyone,

We have published a new version of WordPress Toolkit -- v2.4. This version includes several long-awaited features and multiple bugfixes. Among the important changes are:

• Ability to pre-install WordPress on new subscriptions via the corresponding Service Plan option
  • Ability to create sets of plugins and themes and preinstall them together with WordPress via Service Plans
  • Dramatic increase in the synchronization operation speed on Linux (we're using rsync now)
  • Advanced synchronization options (for instance, if some files are missing on source, you can now choose to remove them from the target).
  • A separate server-wide WPT Settings screen for configuring a variety of relevant options previously accessible only via panel.ini
  • Support for custom login URLs in case it was modified by third-party plugins or services
  • ... and a lot more.
Refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes: Change Log for Plesk.

Hello everyone and IgorG,

first of all thanks for the latest updates on the WP Toolkit :)
But I am not sure if i am still blind but can not find the option mentioned in the changelog "Users can specify custom administrator login URL on the “Login Settings” page. This complements various WordPress plugins that change the login URL for security reasons." Can someone provide me a screenshot of the posetion?

Other than this i have the problem, that a new created "Set" with plugins is not visible in the case I am configuring a service plan as a reseller. (/admin/customer-service-plan/create) The dropdown for the WordPress preinstallation provides none, WordPress, WP + Essential pack and WP + E-Commerce pack only. No additional created ones which are visible in the non-reseller plans (/admin/customer-service-plan/create).

Best regards.

But I am not sure if i am still blind but can not find the option mentioned in the changelog "Users can specify custom administrator login URL on the “Login Settings” page. This complements various WordPress plugins that change the login URL for security reasons." Can someone provide me a screenshot of the posetion?
Screenshot at Nov 27 10-45-37.png

Other than this i have the problem, that a new created "Set" with plugins is not visible in the case I am configuring a service plan as a reseller. (/admin/customer-service-plan/create) The dropdown for the WordPress preinstallation provides none, WordPress, WP + Essential pack and WP + E-Commerce pack only. No additional created ones which are visible in the non-reseller plans (/admin/customer-service-plan/create).

At the moment this feature is not implemented for resellers. I can suggest you submit detailed report here Reports I will forward it to developers for the further consideration. Thanks.

Hello everyone and IgorG,

Screenshots are here: WPT 2.4: Custom Login URL

Thanks for the report -- we'll check it out.

BTW, how do you use resellers? In particular, do you use then as limited server admin accounts for managed hosting, or they are actual resellers who have their own hosting plans and stuff?

Hi there,
thx for the screenshots :) I used the german language and the translation for that entry is more likely "Change password settings" so i haven't expected the option for the login URL there.

Regarding the resellers: The second option is our use case. Resellers have an hosting plan from us and they create own plans with the limits they want for their customers.
So updating the Toolkit in the future to have e.g. own sets created for resellers would be also a nice feature. But I can open a feature request for that separately.

hi everybody
I want to know how can i make my site faster to be reached for my clients...
I already know some solutions but I'm looking for newer ways to reach faster speed
and i don't know how to send questions directly in plesk... so I asked it as a reply

hi everybody
I want to know how can i make my site faster to be reached for my clients...
I already know some solutions but I'm looking for newer ways to reach faster speed
and i don't know how to send questions directly in plesk... so I asked it as a reply
Please be so kind to tell specifically what you would like to do in Plesk to speed up your website and why you can not do it? Let's talk specifically?
Thanks.

Hey Plesk people,

at the place I work we have plans to move to a wordpress based solution for our standard client offering. The management features in Plesk was a major factor in the decision.

I have a question about WP-Cron. In a previous incarnation as a freelancer I would routinely disable WP's per page load cron check in favour of an actual cron job (i.e. Scheduled task). This is a trivial task for a single instance of WP, but it would be a tedious and time consuming chore for many sites.

I have looked over the guide, and this forum. I can see the regular scheduled tasks that call various things, and what they do, but no mention of anything like a call to wp-cron for all installed instances of WP.

I was thinking if such functionality existed it would be in:
wp-toolkit/scripts/maintenance.php

I haven't poked around enough to find that specific file, as it doesn't appear to be accessible through the standard Plesk interface.

So, does this file trigger wp-cron? or is there a setting to make it do so?

It seems (to me) like an obviously useful feature I'd expect it to be there, but I can't find any info. Will I need to think about a 'PLESK CLI AND API-RPC' project to make this work?

Thanks for any help

Hi everyone,

We've released a small WordPress Toolkit 2.5.1 update today. It adds a new optional security checker that addresses the recently discovered WordPress vulnerability (CVE - CVE-2018-6389). We've decided to add this option after we've learned that WordPress team does not plan to address this vulnerability (they claim it "should really be mitigated at the server or network level"). Hope this makes your lives easier!

Hi everyone,

We have released WordPress Toolkit 2.5.2 update today with a couple of bugfixes. Full changelog:
  • [+] The upgrade procedure of the WordPress Toolkit extension was persuaded to be more forgiving -- it can now be successfully repeated if it has previously failed for some reason.
  • [-] Disable scripts concatenation for WP admin panel security checker no longer invalidates IIS site config if WordPress installation path starts with a digit.

Hi everyone!

We have published a major WordPress Toolkit update -- WPT v3.0. This update includes a couple of bugfixes (as usual), but its main focus is delivering several huge features that should make the life of WordPress users much more comfortable.

The biggest change is the completely redesigned, modern and responsive UI and UX for WordPress instance management. The full list of changes is too numerous to mention, but the basic idea behind the change is that the instance list and overview screen were redesigned from scratch and merged into one single ReactJS-based UI, providing much better user experience in every way. We sincerely love the new interface (especially Anzhelka, if you can find her) and we hope everyone will share our enthusiasm upon trying the new UI/UX out.

The next big feature is Smart Updates. Using Deep Learning algorithms and screenshot analysis, Smart Update checks how the WordPress update would go in a test environment before performing it on the production instance. Glory to our AI Overlords! Any update in WordPress Toolkit, be it WordPress core, plugins or themes, can now use the Smart Update service on a per-instance basis, and both automatic and manual updates are supported, with the ability to compare the "before" and "after" screenshots. This is a "Pro" feature that needs to be purchased separately.

Finally, all WPT users now have the ability to enable nginx-based caching on their instance with just a single click. The default caching settings are good enough to satisfy the majority of users, but if you really want to fine-tune the caching options, go to "Apache & nginx Settings" page on Websites & Domains, it's all there.

Important: all these features are only available in Plesk Onyx 17.8.

Full list of changes can be found here: WordPress Toolkit - Plesk Extensions

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

Hi @custer,

This is great news, my congratulations :)

I have a question about the cache feature. Can it really replace the caching plugins like WP Super Cache?

Last edited:
I have a question about the cache feature. Can it really replace the caching plugins like WP Super Cache?
Not completely. Nginx caching may be faster, but WP caching plugins are more flexible and integrated to WordPress.
In the current state, Nginx cache is intended to be used mainly as a simple short-term cache. But we're planning to improve it for support of HTTP PURGE method to make it possible to use benefits of both web server and WP caching plugins.

Back