• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wrong Backup scheduled time

E

ebouchez

Hello all,

All my backups are scheduled to start between 5am to 6am (two domains). My problem is since I've upgraded to Plesk 9.0 all my domains backups start around 01H00 AM which is a busy time, so every night at 1am my plesk server crashes because of overload and users of my sites are complaining.

How can I fix it. I had a look in the psa mysql database and I see the scheduled backup at 5am and 6am.

My server is GMT+0 which is the good time for Europe Dublin.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks

Nobody here to give us a fix for that issue?

It's really annoying, all the backups are starting at 00H06 everynight and crash the server. So I deactivated all backups but it's a very unsecured.

I hate companies launching new versions taking costumers who pay for a service as beta testers?

Same problem here... And it's not the only one. And effectively, nobody answer the issues on the forum. and it's a shame :-(

I have the same problem here, my backups are scheduled to backup to another server at 4am however they always run at midnight. Are Parallels going to look into this?!

I have set it to backup domains at 01:00 in the night and the backup goes at 11:00 PM
Backup of each domains goes from 09:00-12:00 in the morning, is PLESK schedule with other timezone then we have in europe wich i UTC+1 ?
If so its OK and i can adjust it

But backup of each domains goes at 11:00 PM too and i would hope they can go in the morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok looks like I've found a work around for this issue. It looks like instead of the application reading the backup time from the backupsscheduled table, its reading the time last ran + period. If you modify the time last ran to the time you wish for your backup to run then it will work!!

Yes, I can confirm that workaround does work! Thank you a lot!
Paralles, can you still please fix this issue properly?

Where is time last ran located & modified? This may be explain a quirk I have been seeing.

In the Plesk phpMyAdmin search for the database "psa" and for a table starting with backup....
Just change to time of the last execution to the time you want the backup to run.
It worked for me - at least yesterday ;)

Good luck!

Same problem here, and still there on Plesk 9.0.1. I've set a weekly reseller backup for Sunday around 3 am local time, and it does the backup on Thursday midnight UTC.

The complete server backup does not work at all. It seems to write some kind of XML backup info file, but then Plesk itself complains that these are not functioning backup files.

Since backup is one of the most important functions, I think it is high time to have this repaired. I firmly expected that the update to 9.0.1 would fix this and was quite surprised when it didn't. Since that moment I have to regard Plesk as a low-quality product, looking for a replacement.

hgmichna,

I have seen these XML files and this is when my server cannot access my remote FTP server, once connection is restored these XML files stop being created.
I believe your issue may be related to everyone elses in the fact that you need to modify your database to have the last run date/time to be on a Thursday and it should start to run the backups on a Thursday.

The problem is a known one for Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0. "Creation time" for backups is shown in GMT instead of local time.
Parallels knows about the problem and scheduled to fix it in future update.
You may find details here: http://kb.odin.com/en/6193

I do not believe it is anyway related to "creation time" as I'm in GMT and this issue affected me!! As I have pointed out in the work around the last run time must match the specific time you wish to run your backup. For example if you wish for it to run at 8pm, set the last run time to yesterday @ 8pm and it will start working perfectly.

abezborodova, I feel you have not bothered to read each post in this thread and assumed the issue is caused by the time being in GMT.

The problem is not that the backup time is shown for another time zone like UTC. The problem is that the backup is not performed at the scheduled time in any time zone, but always at midnight UTC.

The weekday is also ignored.

I agree with hgmichna is that the whole backup is being ignored, but somehow backs up when it wants to. I have been playing with this for 6 hours and here's what I have from my own server investigation:

1. Changing the last time run has no affect on the next backup time. 14:15 yesterday will NOT run at 14:15 today.
2. When set to NULL it will run like it should, but will fill in the last date with 00:00:00 after it's ran.
3. When the last run is 00:00:00 (midnight, but was set to 02:10) it ran at 05:10 for 2 days. The third day it ran at 07:10. Though the above KB states it just shows GMT it actually ran at the GMT time, but then doubled after 2 days.
4. I NULLED all 20 domains and then set 1 to 14:30 and the rest 23:00, but when the 1 ran, the other 15 ran at the same time.
5. If I clear the DB and set it up from scratch, I will set a time for 00:00:00 (current time 14:30), but it will run 5 minutes after I set it.

I can understand if there was a pattern to follow from the 00:00:00, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions, please let me know.

I can understand if there was a pattern to follow from the 00:00:00, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions, please let me know.

Oh, I wish I had as much time on my hands. But even if I had, I'm not sure whether it would be more valuable to find out the pattern of Plesk's defect or to read my own future out of the intestines of a slaughtered goat. :)-)

Seriously, I think they should deliver a functioning product. Note that the server backup doesn't work at all. Note that SPF checking doesn't work. And these are old errors by now.

I agree, but my OCD won't let this alone unless I can safely back up my clients domains daily. It's amazing that they boasted on how this new back up feature was the latest and greatest, but it doesn't even work right. I'm so frustrated for upgrading.

They need to roll out 9.2 quickly just to fix this ****. To top it all off, on back up of certain domains my rcpthosts and virtualdomains files get corrupted too.

The problem is not that the backup time is shown for another time zone like UTC. The problem is that the backup is not performed at the scheduled time in any time zone, but always at midnight UTC.

The weekday is also ignored.

In Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0 scheduled backup is started if current time more then "latest backup time" + "backup period". The time does not depend on start time set via control panel.

The situation is described in this KB article: http://kb.odin.com/en/6194. Refer to it for details.

Back