• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WTF! plesk updater

S

serial-thrilla

how about we get plesk to tell us exactly what is being updated through the updater so when i update the "base packages of plesk" i know which php version it's being updated to so it doesn't break my previous php version without my knowing!!!

sounds good yeah? yeah.

serial, do u see updater with BOLD? example

Testing123...

that is what it called "BOLD"

bold install plesk's update is most recommend to install

i know that... i did install what was "bold" and what was "bold" installed a newer version of php without the custom options i passed to my previous version of php. thus, breaking a few of our developed sites.

had i known that plesk was going to update php and the release it was updating to, i could've complied a custom version of it beforehand, then update plesk, then replace php with the same release but with my previous libraries and such with minimal down time.

it's a simple rule of system administration: knowing what's going to happen and preparing for it. we all know that a hard drive is going to fail at one point or another, which is why we have raid. (loose example, forgive me if i'm not exactly correct ..... <eyes roll>)

the point of the post was to point out that plesk's updater not notifying us of what exactly is being updated is a "WTF!" matter.

Back